stratoz4
user IP's
  • 2003/11/17 3:54

• stratoz4

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/10

hi..

to stamp out abuse, i want to be able to access a list of IP's of people that have logged on..

how can i do this

mvandam
Re: user IP's
  • 2003/11/17 10:17

• mvandam

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/2/7 2

I'll just point out that blocking on the basis of IP is generally not a good idea. People on dialup or cable often have dynamically assigned IP addresses. The next time they connect they could have a different address, and someone else may get the previous address they had. If you block an IP you could be blocking (occasionally) a lot of other users at the same ISP.

That said, XOOPS does not log the IP address of each login (I don't think). Some modules store this information, but if you just want IPs for logins you may have to make some tiny modifications to the XOOPS code to do this for you. Alternatively if you have access to the http server logs, look for all requests to pages yoursite.com/user.php and find the IP address that way. With the second approach it may be difficult to connect user ID with IP address though.

stratoz4
Re: user IP's
  • 2003/11/23 4:02

• stratoz4

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/10

thankyou for your reply, i didnt actualy want the IP to block.

the reason i wanted it was to find abusing users,

there are some users that sign up under a different nickname/email after you remove their account.

just for my reference it would be good to know if they are past members.

i know that they may have different IP also, but it cant hurt to have that extra information.

Login

Who's Online

135 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 135

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits