Bazus
what it's 'tinycontent' module doing to my system?
  • 2003/11/15 18:05

• Bazus

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/9/23

I have installed this module in order to display html content in XOOPS 2.0.5. after installing I went to:

http://xoopsroot/modules/tinycont/

and it has been keeping my internet connectin busy, almost 1 hour and a half and 30 megs of activity..

anyone knows what this module is doing with all this.. ?

I havent been able to see what is in the index.php of that module so far.

ronhab
Re: what it's 'tinycontent' module doing to my system?
  • 2003/11/15 19:47

• ronhab

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/27

I tried your site and put in ../modules/tinycontent/ for the URL, and Mozilla tried to load the directory a number of times, but then timed out with "redirection limit" reached.

When I tried the same on my site, it loaded up the lowest article/link-ID available under Tinycontent. Do you have any articles/content being served by the module yet?

Bazus
  • 2003/11/15 21:37

• Bazus

• Not too shy to talk

I placed 'xoopsroot' to indicate the place where XOOPS was located in the webserver, it was a 'figure of speach' but that's not the real site.

when you install tinycontent module it places a link in the main menu, and if you click in that link it doesn't open any page, it just keeps the internet connection alive and it may get up to 30 megabytes of activity but there's still nothing coming in the browser.

I'm new to this module so I'm not really sure what is doing with all that internet activity.

ronhab
  • 2003/11/15 23:53

• ronhab

• Friend of XOOPS

Yes, I went to your real site, not the one you posted to get the behavior I described.

You have to set up tinycontent to display something - typically an HTML file. So you create an HTML file and upload it into the tinycontent/content directory and then configure the module to point to that file. You can do this with multiple files.

Then when you click on the link to what you have created, tinycontent "wraps" the rest of your site around the file. Go to my sitehttp://linux-universe.com and then click any of the links in the footer (other than the creative commons one) and you will see how I use tinycontent.

HTH.

Bazus
  • 2003/11/16 17:49

• Bazus

• Not too shy to talk

I got you!

now I have setup this link:
http://www.abctyping.com/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=1

and I'm still far away to make it look like this:
http://www.abctyping.com/programs/ebooks/index.html

why the html don't even look alike when they are the same in both links? how do I adjust the one inside the XOOPS window.

Thanks.

ronhab
  • 2003/11/17 0:06

• ronhab

• Friend of XOOPS

Yep, you have it working right now, but unfortunately the content (as you are well aware) didn't turn out too well.

I am not sure how to correct that. Perhaps Chapi, who is the auther, can help you out. The file you are trying to display via Tinycontent is more complex than mine, which don't have any tables or columns or anything in them.

Perhaps you could try taking out the header information in the HTML file you are using and see if that helps. Sorry, I could not help more.

chapi
  • 2003/11/17 8:46

• chapi

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2002/1/22

How did you include your this content? If you look at the source code of this file called with the tinycontent module, there were a lots of <br /> in it.

If you pasted the html-code in the textarea of tinycontent, please deactivate the linebreak-conversion. (Option in tinycontent). This should avoid, what's happening on your site.

Bazus
  • 2003/11/22 2:12

• Bazus

• Not too shy to talk

sorry it took me a while to read this forum.

I haven't been able to find what you said by "deactivate linebreak-conversion", I don't see that option anywhere in the admin of this module.

Big_Bro
  • 2003/11/22 3:55

• Big_Bro

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/26

AHA!

I have been experiencing high site load times recently and didn't know why but this would explain what was happening.

File this under things NOT to do:

I wanted to link to the Top Stories block with a link button I created but didn't know how to link to just a block, only a module. So I installed the Tiny Content module because it will load with just a blank page when you have no content, and then on the blocks administration page for Tiny Content, I enabled only the top stories block in the center column, basically creating a module to display my top 200 news stories that I could link to from anywhere. But since I have no content in Tiny Content, it must have been the culprit script on my server if what I read here is correct.

Any suggestions on how I can recreate this:http://www.newshax.com/modules/tinycontent -- with some other means?

Bazus
  • 2003/11/22 4:41

• Bazus

• Not too shy to talk

well I think I solved my problem changing to other module, the FREECONTENT 1.4 MODULE,

here is the same html with this module:

http://www.abctyping.com/modules/freecontent/index.php?id=2

I think the tinycontent still need some work to come to the same resault.

Login

Who's Online

201 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 201

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits