spprime
convert to xoops
  • 2003/11/11 13:31

• spprime

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/10

I am currently running exoops, but I am really looking at converting to XOOPS due to a few options that exoops doesn't have. Is there any guide, or issues that surround doing this kind of conversion. I have toyed with the idea of just install XOOPS and then point it to my exoops database to see what blows up but I would prefer to find out first if anyone has done this.

My main concern is the news, forums and register user that are not lost or damage.

spprime
Re: convert exoops to xoops
  • 2003/11/14 13:19

• spprime

• Just popping in

boy, I am so glad that everyone is so helpful on this site. I thought I would get at least a simpel response on if this is possible, but I guess with no reponses, I guess that means that it is not possible.

chapi
  • 2003/11/14 13:42

• chapi

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2002/1/22

Correct!

There is no converter available afaik. And the database structure is completely different between XOOPS and e-xoops.

Mithrandir

I'd say it's a good idea to convert (duh, of course I would)

Unfortunately the structure is quite different, but e.g. the users table just has some more fields in e-xoops (IIRC) than in XOOPS.

I manually made a conversion script - but I don't have it anymore - which took the values from one table, stripped the unnecessary ones and then inserted them in the other table.

I don't know if it's possible/recommendable to do with news and forum posts - especially forum posts would be a tricky one.

Can't guide you more than that, I'm sorry.

spprime
  • 2003/12/8 17:31

• spprime

• Just popping in

well, the only real concern would be the user's that have registerd, since the other stuff I can adhoc later if I have to. I just want to save the user's from registering again.

thanks to all for the help...

Login

Who's Online

197 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 197

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits