carnuke
Using Xoops to rehome my site
  • 2003/11/5 18:55

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

I have an existing site of about 400 pages. Mostly text based with some tables and graphics. I would like to "re-skin" the whole site within Xoops. My preferred option is to use the existing pages wrapped in XOOPS format. However I also want to use the sections module for some new material.
1/ Is XOOPS suitable for this sort of conversion? Any advice from experienced users really appreciated.
2/ Where can I find user documentation for Cjaycontent V2?
3/ If I use html content wrap AND sections can I have a global search site facility?

So far I'm really impressed with this versatile piece of content management software.

Thanks Richard. [UK]

Mithrandir
Re: Using Xoops to rehome my site

Welcome aboard.

erhm... that's about all I wanted to say I have no real experience with converting a static site to a static-dynamic hybrid. I know that cjaycontent and WFSections have been appraised here for their functionality, but I don't know how easy it will be to convert the static pages.

No idea about searches, sorry.

carnuke
  • 2003/11/5 20:35

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Thanks for the welcome Mithy.

I assume by your reply that XOOPS is really centered around Db content. That's ok, but how does the system deal with search engine indexing?

Richard

Mithrandir

Quote:
No idea about searches, sorry.

Gotta wait for "tha big baddeh boys" to wake up

(And yeah - XOOPS is TOTALLY centered around DB content. It is one of the great things about XOOPS )

Login

Who's Online

132 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 132

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits