Catzwolf
WF-Sections, why not released as planned
  • 2003/10/31 5:37

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Hi Everyone,

I have recently had too many emails etc regarding the next version of WF-Sections and why it has not been released yet and hopefully this post should clear this up for everyone.

First, many people have ask me for additions etc and these do take time and as most of you know, I do try to include where possible requests. A lot of work has been carried out and the next version is possibly miles ahead of what I even expected in terms of what it does.

There have been other reasons for the delay on its release, one has been due to personal problems and ill health and that is something I won't go into.

Another reason is that I am doing a lot more work on other modules for the new XOOPS sites and these need my prior attention at the moment. Two of these have so far been released and I am still working on many more.

The final reason is due to the many new changes to the core and WF-Sections has to take these into account and these changes have also broken WF in some area's and need fixed.

WF-Sections, contrary to some reports, this is not a dead project, far from it. There are now two developers working on this right now and we hope very soon to release a beta version for testing asp. Time permitting.

So, I would like to ask everyone not to email me regarding the release date, I'm sorry but I do not have the time to answer everyone on this subject and I do apologise for the delay on its release. But, I do think the wait will be justified in the long run

hrac
Re: WF-Sections, why not released as planned
  • 2003/10/31 6:22

• hrac

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/7/15

Hello Catzwolf,
Release date is not so important, but I'm curious about which new features will be included in next release? I need this info because I need to add some new features to wfsection, if they are planned I will not deal with coding my self. But they are not in future plans, it is wort to code.
Thanks

Login

Who's Online

161 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 161

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits