builderb
xDirectory Upgrades Preview
  • 2003/10/9 21:50

• builderb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/8/4 2

Thanks for pointing out those bugs! I have fixed the the items Wingz spoke of and overwrote the old download fileFound here.

I also put the "attention business owners..." blurb into the language files so it can be modified easier.

you will notice that the website address and e-mail address do not show up on the front end yet. If you want to show the website address you will need to go into your db and manually enter a "1" into the "premium" field this will make it visible to the public. I will be adding this feature to the admin tool pretty soon which will make it easier to manage.

As far as the e-mail addresses are concerned...I will be creating an e-mail form that will allow a user to contact them through a web interface. This is a precautionary step to ensure those e-mail addresses aren't compromised by any e-mail sniffing programs.

I'll post any updates here.

Thank you.

-Builderb

builderb
Re: Business Directory Created
  • 2003/10/9 22:16

• builderb

• Not too shy to talk

I'm interested. Show me what you got.
Quote:

leather wrote:
Looks Great. I am real new to Xoops, so bear with me. I had planed to go in an opposite direction and hack off "MyAds" Mod because the fields/categories are totally generic. This would be a "Members Recommend" and vote giving 1 to 5 stars recommendation.

I thought, you being in such a localized market in Folsom, that you might be interested in the voting aspect to increase your membership participation in your site. And this would give you additional local merchants to approach for your Highlighted listings.

If you’re interested in how the Star rating calculation works let me know.

Ron

lewisteo
  • 2003/10/15 3:46

• lewisteo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/26

could some body please help... I realised that when a user tries to modify is listing from the user area, an error code :

Error Code: 0013

ERROR: Could not query the database.
Error: Unknown column 'modifysubmitter' in 'field list'

was sent...

i tried going into admin to do the modification... no problem of what soever was encountered... just wonder does anyone have the same problem...

builderb
  • 2003/10/15 4:25

• builderb

• Not too shy to talk

if you go to line #70 in /xdirectory/modlink.php

it should look like this:
Quote:

$sql = sprintf("INSERT INTO %s (requestid, lid, cid, title, address, address2, city, state, zip, country, phone, fax, email, url, logourl, description, modifysubmitter) VALUES (%u, %u, %u, '%s', '%s', '%s', '%s', '%s', '%s', '%s', '%s', '%s', '%s', '%s', '%s', '%s', %u)", $xoopsDB->prefix("xdir_mod"), $newid, $lid, $cid, $title, $address, $address2, $city, $state, $zip, $country, $phone, $fax, $email, $url, $logourl, $description, $user);

It will only work with the latest version of xdirectory which was created on 10/6/2003.

If you are using a copy that was downloaded before 10/6 you should re-download it.

Let me know if this doesn't solve the problem and I'll try to provide another solution.

Thanks

-Builderb

lewisteo
  • 2003/10/15 8:10

• lewisteo

• Just popping in

I just tried replacing your codes with mine, tried still same error, then I went to my other site, Redownload from the download area that reads 6 Oct 2003 File, installed to another site and tried, and also same problem, the admin area do not have any problem what so ever, but the user interface is only affected, sorry to bother your time, could u kindly help...

I am using XOOPS 2.05

Wingz
  • 2003/10/15 8:12

• Wingz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/8/23

I'm also having further problems with this module with the latest release (btw, can we have version numbers, so we can keep track of what's what)?

Attempting to have users add their businesses, this happens;

Error Code: 0013
ERROR: Could not query the database.
Error: Unknown column 'address2' in 'field list'

Wingz
  • 2003/10/15 8:31

• Wingz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/8/23

OK belay that. I uninstalled the module, and the reinstalled it - although that makes it three times I've had to redo the entire category list now - at leas it works. A clean install appears the only way.

Still good stuff

lewisteo
  • 2003/10/15 9:05

• lewisteo

• Just popping in

But I just did another clean install on another site, created a test cat... input a listing from admin... log out from admin and enter home page... log-in with my admin user name and password in home page... enter business Directory.. opt to modify my own listing... just add a single 2 behind my street... update and error....

jlm69
  • 2003/10/15 14:09

• jlm69

• Module Developer

• Since: 2002/7/19

the field modifysubmitter is missing in the sql file.
To fix the error for modifysubmitter,
Go into the database and go to the table
xdir_mod
add the field
modifysubmitter
int
value 11
not null
value 0

Done

Or change the sql file in table

xdir_mod

add the line

`modifysubmitter` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',

right before
PRIMARY KEY ('requestid')

Then update the module
Done.

lewisteo
  • 2003/10/15 16:48

• lewisteo

• Just popping in

thanks will try it now

Login

Who's Online

145 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 145

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits