SeekerCT
[New to Xoops] Xoops and Website hosting?
  • 2003/10/15 6:13

• SeekerCT

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/15

I recently set up a webserver on my home network. I'd like to be able to give some of my friends free webspace on this sever and I was wondering if XOOPS could simplify the task of allowing them to add web content to the server. If so, what modules would I need to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance,
SeekerCT

brash
Re: [New to Xoops] Xoops and Website hosting?
  • 2003/10/15 6:27

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Xoops is a CMS, so yes it will simplyfy the process of adding web content. No matter what though, to get a well presented site that is displayed correctly in all the major browsers is still a lot of work. As to what modules you'll need, well that really depends on what content you plan on having. For basic site contents, the default modules are all you'll need.

SeekerCT
  • 2003/10/15 7:07

• SeekerCT

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/15

I'm willing to put in the work, I just need to know where to get started.

As far as the website hosting goes:
What I would like to be able to do is have a directory: htdocs/[username] created during the registration process and for people to be able to upload or delete files from their account. They don't have to modify them on site. Being able to create directories would be nice, but not necessary. The only features I want as admin are the ability to do all of the above on the directories, and the ability to impose quotas on the directories.

chapi
  • 2003/10/15 7:33

• chapi

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2002/1/22

I think you need a tool like Confixx. Don't know if there are free tools out there.

Xoops is a supposed to be CMS and not a webserver managing tool.

pdaddict
  • 2003/10/15 10:59

• pdaddict

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/6 1

You might be able to find some suitable servermanagement scripts on these pages:
http://w100w.com/english/php/server_management/
http://w100w.com/german/php/server/

Quote:
Price: Free (GPL)
Version: 0.0.1
Platform: Linux

PHPEManager

PHPEManager is a php script to maintain webhosting server. It can create user accounts for telnet/ftp, activate domain, set up web directory, create email or mailing list and also bill report every month. It's a complete solution for webhosting maintenance.

This is one of the things I found.

Login

Who's Online

127 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 127

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits