rrdega
Possible to display a C-Jay Content Connection as Top Page?
  • 2003/10/11 20:43

• rrdega

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/4

G'Afternoon XOOPers!

Bit of a newb here... I must say the mutual support I see here abouts is impressive! Hopefully y'all can help me out, or at least redirect my efforts in a better direction.

I am working on setting up a closed site using XOOPS where (my current plans) most of the site's pages will be created via C-Jay's Content. I really like the way a site menu for Anonymous Users can be built only showing links to specific content...

My queston: Is there an easy/effective way to specify a particular C-Jay page that will be loaded as Top Page?

I know I could use FreeContent or a generic Block for the one page, but then I'd have to deal with the fact that the Top Page "looks" different than the rest of the site. If I could keep it all in C-Jay, I think that would work best...

Or am I making life too difficult for myself? Any/all tips and suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

-Bob

[edit] P.S. I tried to go over to C-Jay's Forum for this, but could not read half of the posts, or the site content, and could not get logged in to post the request... But I tried!!! [/edit]

ronhab
Re: Possible to display a C-Jay Content Connection as Top Page?
  • 2003/10/11 21:43

• ronhab

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/27

I don't use the module, but you could make index.htm in your root directory a redirect to the page in the module you wish as a workaround. so whenever people go to www.yoursite.com they get redirected to www.yoursite.com/modules/cjay/file3.php or however that module identifies its files.

rrdega
  • 2003/10/11 21:57

• rrdega

• Just popping in

AhHa!!! I *knew* there had to be an easy solution... Jeez! Can you say, "Duh!"

I reckon I'm just blinded by the trees...

I just tried it, and it works great! ...as long as that page's ID doesn't change...

Thanx!

rrdega
  • 2003/10/11 22:25

• rrdega

• Just popping in

Ooops! I may have spoke too soon... There seems to be some "quirks" afoot... :(

kjs222
  • 2003/10/11 22:52

• kjs222

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/3/1 1

Can't see a catch in this one; apart from the fact it's a dirty hack. Essentially, you set the start-page on script {SITE_URL}/index.php instead of getting it from the db.

If it continues to give you errors, be sure to clarify.

Good luck.

Keith

Quote:
/**
* redirects to installation, if XOOPS is not installed yet
**/
include "mainfile.php";

header('Location: '.XOOPS_URL.'/modules/cjaycontent/index.php?id=22&title=Home');
exit();

//check if start page is defined
if ( isset($xoopsConfig['startpage']) && $xoopsConfig['startpage'] != "" && $xoopsConfig['startpage'] != "--" ) {
header('Location: '.XOOPS_URL.'/modules/'.$xoopsConfig['startpage'].'/');
exit();
} else {
$xoopsOption['show_cblock'] =1;
include "header.php";
include "footer.php";
}

rrdega
  • 2003/10/11 23:49

• rrdega

• Just popping in

Thanx again for the interest to help! And please forgive my ignorance... I'm working to fix that!

The problem (I think!) that I ran into was that the notion of "Top Page" is lost with the hack... Thus I lose all my blocks designated for the Right Column on Top Page. i.e, a couple of Polls that only are to show there, and only for the Top Page...

Does that make sense to you? (I'm still trying to make sense of it to myself...)

-Bob

Login

Who's Online

193 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 193

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits