Coreace
Re: Need testers for XoopsGallery maintenance update
  • 2003/10/8 12:32

• Coreace

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/26

OK, sent you a PM, I am desperate to test your new version .

Dr3vil
  • 2003/10/8 12:47

• Dr3vil

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/10

ditto! (I PM'ed you yesterday but I think I forgot to add my email address)

ffabris
  • 2003/10/8 13:04

• ffabris

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/4

A request, small one, and not vital... but it would be nice if you could work it in.

How about ALT/TITLE tags on the images? The text would be the image caption, of course.

Just a thought... [runs and hides]

Coreace
  • 2003/10/8 13:13

• Coreace

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/26

Let's deal with this maintenance update first. gstarrett has taken a great step forward in taking the initiative to collect and update XoopsGallery. This is urgently needed since the development has been dead for a while.

I read elsewhere that 'some devs are currently working om X2G, a xoops2 gallery module that will have loads and loads of features, including user galleries' - I have yet to see any updates or news on this project.

Once a 'bug free' version has been released by gstarrett, we can then work on a 'wishlist' and further improvements. Perhaps setup a team (I can't see any active developers) who can develop XoopsGallery further.

I am happy to setup with free hosting if we can get some active devs.

gstarrett
  • 2003/10/8 17:21

• gstarrett

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/3/12

Quote:

ffabris wrote:
A request, small one, and not vital... but it would be nice if you could work it in.

How about ALT/TITLE tags on the images? The text would be the image caption, of course.

Just a thought... [runs and hides]

I like the idea, I was thinking of doing that for the Random / New blocks anyway. If I get to it in the next couple days (while waiting for feedback from the testers) then I'll include it in the release but otherwise it'll be another small update.

...Speaking of which, I've been meaning to fix the captions editor too, it's display is forced to be too wide...

gstarrett
  • 2003/10/8 17:26

• gstarrett

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:

Dr3vil wrote:
ditto! (I PM'ed you yesterday but I think I forgot to add my email address)

I've responded to all the PM's already (and the ones I got today as well). You had a different email address listed in your first PM, so I forwarded to the new one too.

Thanks to everyone for the support and response here. We have enough testers now, I think, so if all goes well I'll be releasing the update in a few days.

PureLuXus
  • 2003/10/8 21:55

• PureLuXus

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/1/3 2

no problems yet
i hope we can update after the fix release the xoopsgallery
to the no.1 gallery for xoops...

i have so many ideas...
but important for me is the zip support

gstarrett
  • 2003/10/8 22:14

• gstarrett

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:

i have so many ideas...
but important for me is the zip support

My gallery server machine is for personal use, it sits literally next to me here in my den with 100MBps connection to my primary home desktop machine, so the ZIP is little concern to me. However, I understand it is a big deal for those who otherwise have to upload their files to the web server, so I'll take a look (but I'm not planning on holding up this release for it--too many other benefits for other users).

Thanks again for helping to test it.

costi
  • 2003/10/14 0:41

• costi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/12

I plan to do some serious hacking to xoopsgallery module because I'm not satisfied with it. The interface is very geeky, with a lot of clutter. I modified the view_album template a little:

http://trubadur.usr.ro/modules/xoopsgallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album03
I think it's better now. I plan to move the navbar in the template so designers can modify it, and to add a little "quick comment" box on the view_photo template. No one will comment your photos if this means an extra click just to get to the editbox.

Is there an owner for this module? Can I work with him to integrate the hacks to the official module? I never contributed or worked in a open source "team" before, and I want to know how can we work together before I get knee deep into the code.

Thanks.

PureLuXus
  • 2003/10/14 0:56

• PureLuXus

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/1/3 2

i allready request the template based navbar...
at best you contact gstarrett
he is working on a fixed version...
95% for the next release is finish..

Login

Who's Online

201 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 201

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits