audia4
Trouble with XOOPS Updating
  • 2003/8/8 9:17

• audia4

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/4 9

Hi, i make changes to my theme, and templates.. and when i refresh nothing shows..

funny thing is.. if i change the style.css in the theme, it updates, but when i change block templates, or the theme.html it doesnt make a difference..

help please!

Toigoweb
Re: Trouble with XOOPS Updating
  • 2003/8/8 9:32

• Toigoweb

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/8 8

Turn on the refresh theme system

System --> Preferences --> General Settings and say yes to Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory bla bla ..

Panos
  • 2003/8/8 10:24

• Panos

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/3/20

Hmm, you could have broken your theme you know. That has happened to me as well when I was new to Xoops. No big deal. Just make sure you include the XOOPS code correctly in your theme If you can't change to another theme however, that is a different story.

audia4
  • 2003/8/8 10:36

• audia4

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/4 9

Hi and thansk both for your fast replies..

I have it set like that panos,

I can change the theme, but doesnt matter which theme i use the block changes arent updated its like it was before i modified it.

I even empty the block.. and it still shows the data!..

i also cleared the /cache folder and checked the modules/system/cache folder that was empty anyway..

what else can i do

Panos
  • 2003/8/8 15:41

• Panos

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/3/20

Hmm, I don't know if that could be a corrupt table in the database. If it is, I don't know where to point you exactly but through phpMyAdmin you could issue the command:

REPAIR TABLE xoops_sometable;

where sometable is the table with the problem, if any. I don't know what else to suggest, sorry

foniks
  • 2003/10/10 6:29

• foniks

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/10

Is this related to updating a module template? I've found that when you install a module it compiles it's templates into the database... one time only. This is a very unfriendly behavior for anyone who wants to re-theme a module or modify it's layout, especially after having entered lots of new content...

any comments on this from developers? Are there any plans to implement proper Smarty themes for modules?

foniks
  • 2003/10/10 6:34

• foniks

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/10

I just realized that you can go to the modules admin page and update the module templates.... so this could solve the other person's problem if it was related to modules...

gstarrett
  • 2003/10/10 6:37

• gstarrett

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/3/12

I've noticed what might be a problem relating to this. The setting "Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?" does not seem to work as of XOOPS 2.0.5RC+, but I haven't confirmed that. Anyone else seeing that?

Try updating your module. That gets a fresh copy of the template files from the file system, but it also resets your module settings to default.

Good luck.

Login

Who's Online

233 user(s) are online (170 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 233

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits