gstarrett
Re: MassMail to members [not-quite fixed]

Quote:

mvandam wrote:
Please make sure to get the latest files in modules/system/admin/mailusers/ from CVS on sourceforge.

Just a sanity check here--I don't see any mail files that have changed since XOOPS 2.0 came out. Did you mean another directory? ...If you have some uncommitted changes, please let me know!

Regardless, I updated my source from CVS and am having the same problem still. I'll let you know what I find. So far:

--It seems the mail method doesn't affect the problem (PHP mail() vs. sendmail vs. SMTP).

--I try to send to a group with just 2 users. 1 gets it (who also happens to be the sender), the other does not. Both recievers are real accounts in the same domain (which is my isp, they are both my accounts).

--It still spews junk into my browser window when it dies. I haven't tried restarting my browser in between attempts--but I will next--just in case.

Regards,

Glen Starrett

tom
  • 2003/6/21 16:18

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

Is this problem going to be fixed, when ever I send to messages to a large group, I get a 500 internal server error, but works fine with smaller groups.

Please tell me there is a solution?

gstarrett
  • 2003/6/22 0:25

• gstarrett

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/3/12

I'm just guessing here, but it may be specific to our respective systems. What are you running? Mine is showing symptoms like -- but not exactly like yours.

tom
  • 2003/6/22 1:18

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

Linux
PHP Version 4.2.3
MYSQL 3.23.49 (I think that is right, got from the php info)

Is there anything else you like to know.

I can mail all smaller groups, and on other sites I run I can with smaller groups, but my main site has well over 1000 members, and I can't e-mail them to tell them about our new e-commerce shop or our new free and paid e-mail service.

tom
  • 2003/7/2 10:52

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

Just woundering if any one has looked into this further as I would like to E-mail my members about a free E-mail service I will be offering.

tom
  • 2003/7/2 16:34

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

Don't like to bump but this is a feature I would like to work, like I said I got many features coming to site including free and paid E-mail plus E-commerce and would like to mail my users.

mvandam
  • 2003/7/2 16:58

• mvandam

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/2/7 2

I suspect your particular problem (only cannot mail to large groups) is related to this:

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=10304&forum=21#40705

If you can turn on *all* debugging options (see some tips on the wiki under 'troubleshooting'), see if you see a 'memory exhausted' error. If so, then I'm afraid all we can suggest so far is upgrading to PHP 4.3.1 or higher. With no other changes, this has solved the problems with users of 4.1.2 and 4.2.2.

tom
  • 2003/7/2 17:29

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

Is there no way at all to get round this by any chance, I run a managed server, and contacted my host who manages and they won't upgrade, so I would have to go for root server, but little knowledge of linux.

Erm........ I stuck........

Any suggestions welcome.

mvandam
  • 2003/7/2 18:10

• mvandam

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/2/7 2

Unfortunately I do not think this is due to any bug in XOOPS (nothing that I can find, at least), and I *suspect* this to be a memory issue with the earlier versions of PHP.

This is a wild guess, but I *suspect* that the later versions of PHP are more efficient at allocating a large number of objects.

tom
  • 2003/7/2 18:47

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

I had a look at my php info and got:

memory_limit 40M
post_max_size 8M

Does that make a difference, damn, I need some way of E-mailing my members...... ermmmmmm would I have this same problem with any future newsletter mod?

So one must be in a sim situation to me or have a solution is they have been.....

I need help some one please.

Login

Who's Online

86 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 86

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits