brash
Re: Autologin for Xoops 2.0.x
  • 2003/6/26 0:51

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

That is weird then

What kind of time period are we talking about. The code from the jan304 hack is set to leave the session open for 1 hour from memeory. I assume you're just logging in with the remember me checkbox selected, closing the browser and opening it again?

Ace_Armstrong

Quote:

brash wrote:
That is weird then

What kind of time period are we talking about. The code from the jan304 hack is set to leave the session open for 1 hour from memeory. I assume you're just logging in with the remember me checkbox selected, closing the browser and opening it again?

Yup. That's it exactly.

brash
  • 2003/6/26 1:29

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

And you are using the default template I take it? That is weird. You do have cookies enable on your browser don't you? Have you tried testing this on a different machine?

Ace_Armstrong

Quote:

brash wrote:
And you are using the default template I take it? That is weird. You do have cookies enable on your browser don't you? Have you tried testing this on a different machine?

Yes to all of the above.

brash
  • 2003/6/26 1:42

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

Well I'm starting to run short of ideas . I also imagine you've tried deleting all your temporary internet files, and have tried manually looking at the code in the relevant files?

Ace_Armstrong

Quote:

brash wrote:
Well I'm starting to run short of ideas . I also imagine you've tried deleting all your temporary internet files, and have tried manually looking at the code in the relevant files?

Natch.

The only thing I can think is that maybe it's not compatible with the version of Apache that's running on the server, although for the life of me I can't imagine that this would really be the problem.

patagon
  • 2003/6/27 1:49

• patagon

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/1/8 0

Just to report I've downloaded and installed this hack (andreyra's). it worked rigth away and so far perfectly. its umbelievable useful too IMO. Thanks again to the developer for this great hack

Ace_Armstrong

Quote:

patagon wrote:
Just to report I've downloaded and installed this hack (andreyra's). it worked rigth away and so far perfectly. its umbelievable useful too IMO. Thanks again to the developer for this great hack

AUGH!!!!

I tried installing the downloaded version of Audreyra's hack, and it didn't work, either.

Bloody frickin' hell.

Is it something in the server setup?

Operating System: Linux
Apache Version: 1.3.27 (Unix)
Perl Version: 5.006001
PHP Version: 4.3.1
Mysql Version: 4.0.12

patagon
  • 2003/6/27 6:01

• patagon

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/1/8 0

I believe my server uses older versions of php and MySQL but I am not sure (and I dont even know how to check on a shared server). I downloaded the files (as I believe you did, instead of changing them by hand, which i tried but made mistakes) and dropped them where the old ones where. Since I had made changes to that files already, by trying to implement other hacks, i was a bit worried things would not work, but fortunately they did. it was actually that simple so I dont know of any other thing to try.

BTW I dont know if this is important but I am using the previous release of xoops, I believe its .02 instead of .03

Hope you fix your issues...

pieter
  • 2003/7/8 8:30

• pieter

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/24

I install autologin and the works , but logout wil not work , logout wil not delete the cooky.

any idee what is the probleem ?

Login

Who's Online

178 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 178

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits