brewmeister
Problems dislpayin html with freecontent, tiny content, et all

I am having difficulty getting an html page to display properly in any of the "content" modules. And I have tried all that I have seen (freecontent,tiny content, c-jay, etc...). My problem is not displaying the page itself, that works. The problem is that the main page links to graphic and html files that are in a subdirectory. I have a utility that exports a list of all of my DVD titles(Moviecollector) It creates a structure like below

/dvd (root where index.html is)
/dvd/images (contains thumbnail images)
/dvd/details (contails more html files)

What I would like to do is export this and not have to do any modification to the output and the "content" module could give it the "Xoops" feel. But instead the links to details and thumbnails are broken because it is looking for them at the <modulename>/content/ level instead of at the <modulename>/content/dvd level. I can fix by editing the html output but, does anyone know how to keep the directory focus at the <modulename>/content/dvd level and not fall back to the root of the content folder???

Any help would be appreciated.

netwize
Re: Problems dislpayin html with freecontent, tiny content, et all
  • 2003/5/22 4:56

• netwize

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/1/20

i used freecontent. no programming or editing

you can have all your files in /content/dvd/ directory.

all links are done with /modules/freecontent/index.php?id # and never show the directory.

the files can be anywhere on the site.. it wont matter.
it will display /index.php?id=1,2,3 etc ...

brewmeister

Thanks for the reply. The problem is not with displaying the /content/dvd/index.html file. It will open and display fine. However, there are links to thumbnail images stored in the directory structure as /content/dvd/images/xxx.jpg. All of these links are broken because the index.html file is looking for the files like this "images/xxx.jpg" If I edit the path to be "content/dvd/images/xxx.jpg" it will work. However this is cumbersome and time consuming. I want to be able to export it and be done. Is there a way to pull up a file and make it keep it's location in the heirarchy for links and other items. It keeps throwing me back to the "freecontent/" directory.

If you get a chance try it on a couple of files. create a folder called "test" in the content folder of the mod. Create another directory below that one called "images". Create an html doc in the "test" folder and link it to an image in the "test/images/" folder. Don't hard code the link just ling it like "images/test.jpg" You should see what I'm talking about with the broken link

brewmeister

Anyone interested in this?

tom
  • 2003/5/25 15:14

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

Personaly I would of used WFSections any way.

but with the images, is this because it looks in the wrong dir (is that correct?). I used to use the http of the image and this always works, but you could use the <{$xoops_url}> or the <{$xoops_imageurl}> to link to the image dir.

Hope this helps.

kngharv
  • 2003/11/14 8:00

• kngharv

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/3 7

I have enncounter the same problem that you have encountered almost 6 month ago.

How did you resolve the problem?

Thank

Login

Who's Online

138 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 138

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits