goffy
publisher usage
  • 2019/5/29 10:04

• goffy

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/27

Hi to all

publisher is using the image manager from XOOPS core system. if you have several categories (maybe from other modules) then you will find in the edit/submit form of a pulisher article also a lot of images in the list, maybe also a lot which I am not interested for this article.
Resized Image

I always want to use only one category for each publisher (clone). of course maybe others want to use always all images of XOOPS image handler

One idea from my side:
1) create a new preference in publisher where you can select several or all categories used in edit/submit form of a pulisher article
2) show only categories and images of these categories in edit/submit form of a pulisher article

as this change is not trivial I want to know your opinion first

every feedback is appreciated

Mamba
Re: publisher usage
  • 2019/5/30 5:35

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Since (2) is a subset of (1), my preference would be for (1):

1) create a new preference in publisher where you can select several or all categories used in edit/submit form of a publisher article
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

heyula
  • 2019/5/30 6:12

• heyula

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2008/4/24

I also prefer to use 1.

Note:
It would be great if there was a section where I could add additional fields to the publisher module.

goffy
  • 2019/5/30 6:55

• goffy

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/27

hi mamba
hi heyula

thanks for feedback, I will implement

@ heyula: additional field:
from the system publisher is very complex, because everything is linked with permissions. I added a few days ago also one field (date expiration) and I had to change several files to get it working, especially as it influence the query result (show all published must be filtered by expired or not).
Therefore I do not think that adding fields by "default user" is not so simple to realize as it is e.g. in module xforms

Login

Who's Online

270 user(s) are online (196 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 270

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits