hipoonios
One block feature I'm missing from older Xoops versions
  • 2012/12/21 20:29

• hipoonios

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/9/24

In earlier Xoops versions could you choose on which pages in a module you want to place your blocks.

Now you can only place the blocks on all module pages. See the screen shot below to understand what i mean.

Resized Image

trabis
Re: One block feature I'm missing from older Xoops versions
  • 2012/12/21 20:36

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

That is from the 2.2.x series.

Yes, it would be nice to have. I don't think it would hurt performance and it seems easy to apply.

noo-b
  • 2012/12/21 21:18

• noo-b

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2007/10/23

wow i don't know the feature exist before in xoops..

good

what about time based block like in mytabs ? can it be implemented ?

heyula
  • 2012/12/21 21:33

• heyula

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2008/4/24

Resized Image

Xoops 2.6
I hope that this feature will be...

irmtfan
  • 2012/12/22 4:37

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

yes a very good feature, but modules may have many sub cats or in newbb case may have many categories and forums therefore it may affect the performance and I can recall the excuse of the last xoops core developer for removing this feature was the bad performances.
Also the customization will be limited to cats/forums and not for example each newbb topic or a single news.

maybe we can implement it by a different method. Trabis already introduced block anywhere smarty plugin and we need to just a user side/admin side ( i mean a theme/smarty ) online visual block editor like that work with some kind of jQuery drag and drop. i.e. you drop your favorite block in the page of your site you wish to see that block and it will insert the html code in the right place by getting some inputs from webmaster like $_GET variables in the URL. eg in newbb get the topic_id in a topic page.

side note:
with great block anywhere i already can insert my blocks really anywhere i want even in a single news or a specific topic (using topic_id) but an advance webmaster can do it. i taught we can make that easier for all webmasters.

sarahmx
  • 2013/9/14 2:36

• sarahmx

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2007/10/28

Quote:

irmtfan wrote:
yes a very good feature, but modules may have many sub cats or in newbb case may have many categories and forums therefore it may affect the performance and I can recall the excuse of the last xoops core developer for removing this feature was the bad performances.
Also the customization will be limited to cats/forums and not for example each newbb topic or a single news.

maybe we can implement it by a different method. Trabis already introduced block anywhere smarty plugin and we need to just a user side/admin side ( i mean a theme/smarty ) online visual block editor like that work with some kind of jQuery drag and drop. i.e. you drop your favorite block in the page of your site you wish to see that block and it will insert the html code in the right place by getting some inputs from webmaster like $_GET variables in the URL. eg in newbb get the topic_id in a topic page.

side note:
with great block anywhere i already can insert my blocks really anywhere i want even in a single news or a specific topic (using topic_id) but an advance webmaster can do it. i taught we can make that easier for all webmasters.

should be in xoops 2.6

sarahmx
  • 2016/7/21 3:09

• sarahmx

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2007/10/28

can core developer comment on this feature.. ?

Login

Who's Online

213 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 213

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits