11
timgno
Re: strtotime in edit mod
  • 2016/6/6 16:00

  • timgno

  • Module Developer

  • Posts: 1504

  • Since: 2007/6/21


I noticed that even for xoops a part of the class remained unchanged

case 'mysql': 
                
$datestring = 'Y-m-d H:i:s'; 
                break;

You could add this constant, right?

case 'mysql': 
                
$datestring = _DBTIMESTAMPSTRING; 
                break;

I think that there are too few cases of format, for what it offers php, we should exploit all

12
timgno
Re: strtotime in edit mod
  • 2016/6/7 18:59

  • timgno

  • Module Developer

  • Posts: 1504

  • Since: 2007/6/21



13
luciorota
Re: strtotime in edit mod
  • 2016/6/8 13:08

  • luciorota

  • Module Developer

  • Posts: 219

  • Since: 2007/4/20


Hi
In my latest modules I solved the date format problem using the php DateTime object in this way

in form ...
// set date in a timestamp format
$item_date = ...
// form datetime element
$form->addElement(new XoopsFormDateTime(_ITEM_DATE, 'item_date', 15, $this->getVar('item_date'), true));

in form request handler...
// get date in a timestamp format
$dateTimeObj = DateTime::createFromFormat(_SHORTDATESTRING, $_REQUEST['item_date']['date']);
$dateTimeObj->setTime(0, 0, 0);
// date timestamp
$item_date = $dateTimeObj->getTimestamp() + $_REQUEST['item_date']['time'];
unset(
$dateTimeObj);

I think it's a solution that could work well

Bye Lucio