reWARder
ocaholic.ch/it/fr/co.uk/net with heavily modified xBootstrap Theme
  • 2015/2/27 13:08

• reWARder

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/5/28

Back in November 2014 I've started working with my coder from Italy on moving ocaholic to the xBootstrap theme. Meanwhile we've almost done everything we wanted to. There are some things in the forums we still want to change and there are also some minor changes to the way Publisher looks. Apart from that we want to change the news appear on the front page. But once all these things are done we're finally where we want to be.

Here we go with a link to the site: ocaholic

To give you a little overview which version of Xoops and the modules installed we're using, here a list:
Xoops: 2.5.7_RC2
Publisher: 1RC
Smartfaq: 1.08
Calendar: 2.21 Final
Multilingual Content Module: 2.17 Beta 1
extGallery: 1.11
News: 1.68 RC1
NewBB: 4.4 Alpha 1
WebLinks: 1.95
XoopsPoll: 1.33 Final
Private Messaging: 1.1 RC2
Smart Profile: 1.86 RC2
Xoops Tag: 2.31 Beta 2
xNewsletter: 1.2 Final
xLanguage: 3.05 Beta 1

Please let us know what you think. The theme is fully responsive also. If you have any suggestions we would be more than happy reading from you.

goffy
Re: ocaholic.ch/it/fr/co.uk/net with heavily modified xBootstrap Theme
  • 2015/2/27 14:07

• goffy

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/27

really cool site
congratulation

in german version in block "Who is Online" you see ...G&aauml;ste: 107....

Mamba
  • 2015/2/27 14:09

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

It's great to see how creative people can get with XOOPS, and how professionally looking Websites they can create with the new xBootstrap theme!!!

Maybe you and your developer could write a tutorial, sharing some of your experiences with customizing xBoostrap for your website, especially in making it look like a newspaper with the various blocks representing articles? We are getting quite a few requests for this kind of themes, so this could be very helpful for other XOOPS users!

Congratulations, and thank you for sharing!
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

reWARder
  • 2015/3/4 13:34

• reWARder

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/5/28

@goffy
Thank you.
Also thanks for the hint. During one of the many migrations we did back in the days, some collations got f***** and I kind of struggle to find theses translation issues. In the language files it's correct but on the site it shows the html escape sequences. It's kind of weird.

@Mamba
We're going to finish all the things we still want to and have to do on the site. After that I'm considering sharing the theme and for that we would have to write a little documention. What's good is, that the code is rather well documented already. That is something which could make the documentation process easier.

fabou78
  • 2015/11/23 16:00

• fabou78

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2012/6/16

Quote:

reWARder wrote:

@Mamba
We're going to finish all the things we still want to and have to do on the site. After that I'm considering sharing the theme and for that we would have to write a little documention. What's good is, that the code is rather well documented already. That is something which could make the documentation process easier.

Hi guys,

Did we get to the bottom of sharing themes and documenting this really nice work?

Theme sharing and documentation of work like this could help understand the flexibility of XOOPS for those with little knowledge/experience like me. I am really interested with it since I am facing a few esthetical issues with xbootstrap + NewBB.

Also to me the latest version of NewBB was 4.33 RC10 but it seem that ocaholic is using NewBB 4.4 Alpha 1, where can I find this version? Is this a stable version?

WebDev29
  • 2016/1/8 9:01

• WebDev29

• Just popping in

• Since: 2015/12/17

Looks good, but I can't say that I am a big fan of the social media bar at the bottom. I think there are more elegant ways to include links to your social media. But maybe that's just a stylistic preference.

Golgoth21
  • 2016/2/11 16:26

• Golgoth21

• Just popping in

• Since: 2016/1/6 1

Seriously !!! your website has a really good design. Nice job !!!! I hope i can design my website with such a good looking.

goffy
  • 2016/2/11 17:14

• goffy

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/27

hi rewarder

how did you solve the cookie regulations?

brutalicuss

Looks cool, I like it :)

Login

Who's Online

206 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 206

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits