redheadedrod
Re: XOOPS 2.6.0 Alpha 2 released for Testing

Hello John, have you tried pulling the current version of 2.6 from GitHub?

There are a lot of changes between the Alpha 2 release last year and the current code on GitHub that is heading toward Alpha 3.

Richard is working on some new items that should make module development much different. You should be aware that as more of the items get finished you should be able to take advantage of them. There is a great effort to maintain legacy support but since you are actively developing you should be aware that things are changing and in some cases dramatically.

Rodney
Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

jlm69
  • 2014/3/29 17:59

• jlm69

• Module Developer

• Since: 2002/7/19

I'm already not happy.

I did just go to github and downloaded the version from there. Now when I try to run composer I get this error:

[root@localhost xoops_lib]# php composer
PHP Warning:  PHP StartupUnable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib64/php/extensions/braille.so' - /usr/lib64/php/extensions/braille.soundefined symbolbraille_useatable in Unknown on line 0
Could not open input file
composer

Now what?

If you didn't want me to download from sourceforge why is the link still on Xoops homepage?
For me if it says get 2.6.0 here or get 2.6.0 alpha2 here I would naturally go to the alpha 2 figuring it is the newest. Why would I not get the same thing no matter where I get it? That should be fixed asap.

So what do I do next?

Thanks,

John

Mamba
  • 2014/3/29 18:35

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

John, I'm sorry to hear that you're not happy!

You probably don't have Composer installed. Please download/install it from the Composer Website

We've been communicating probably for the last 6+ months that the XOOPS 2.6.0 development is now on GitHub, but I'll add an extra note to the Alpha 2 announcement. Thanks for letting us know.

I hope, you'll be able to install now the latest version and will like the progress that has been done so far...
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

jlm69
  • 2014/3/29 18:37

• jlm69

• Module Developer

I did,download composer.phar and put it in xoops_lib and tried to run it and I get that error

John

Mamba
  • 2014/3/29 18:58

• Mamba

What PHP version do you have? You'll need at least 5.3.7

You might have some issues with permalinks, and PHP might be looking for extensions in the wrong places.

Check if the braille.so binary exists in extension directory on the server OR the extension directory is correctly defined in php.ini. These are the possibilities which is causing problems.

Just comment out the braille line (if you don't need that extension) or fix the directory where it should be, and restart Apache.

And instead of downloading the phar file, I would just install Composer directly from the terminal, so it can make some checks and warn you if there are any issues with your system:

curl -sS https://getcomposer.org/installer | php

Let us know if we can be of any further help!

I am very happy that you're working on converting your modules to XOOPS 2.6.0! That's fantastic!
Support XOOPS => DONATE

jlm69
  • 2014/3/29 20:37

• jlm69

• Module Developer

I have PHP version 5.5.8

the braille.so binary was in the correct place, I removed php-braille from my machine.

Now I get this in my terminal:

[root@localhost xoops_lib]# php composer
Could not open input file: composer

No matter how I try to get this from their website, manual download or through a terminal I get the same error,

I really hope this composer is not going to be a part of Xoops. I would rather Xoops just came with the libraries it needs.

I don't know what to do or look for.

THIS WOULD HELP
Is there a list of the libraries that composer was supposed to download, so I could download them, so I can continue with the installation?

Thanks,
John

Mamba
  • 2014/3/29 21:29

• Mamba

Hmm, maybe it is related to OpenSSL?

See this info

Also, you should call it:

composer install

without using the "php"

This below will cause errors:

php composer.phar install

Of course, "install" is only the first time. Later on, you just use "update":

composer update

While in the beginning the Composer might frustrate you, once you install it properly and it works, and you use it for a while, you will wonder how did you ever lived without it, and how could Open Source projects not use it
Support XOOPS => DONATE

jlm69
  • 2014/3/29 22:25

• jlm69

• Module Developer

That solution was for a windows machine, wouldn't touch one.

I have looked around all day to try and figure this out.
the best I can get is this error:

[root@localhost xoops_lib]# curl -sShttps://getcomposer.org/installer | php
curl: (23) Failed writing body (4095 != 8030)

IS THERE A LIST OF the libraries that is needed to run the xoops installation, I could have found them all in the time I messed with this today. PLEASE

Thanks,

John

Mamba
  • 2014/3/29 22:59

• Mamba

John, something is wrong with your machine

1) On WAMP, it took me 4:40 to install everything, incl. Composer:

And there are thousands of people who use Composer all the time without any problems, so there has to be some issue with your Linux configuration

2) I searched on Google for similar errors to yours, but I could only find this one

3) Did you try other ways to run/install it? For example, using "mv" ?

https://getcomposer.org/doc/00-intro.md#installation-nix

or without curl:

https://getcomposer.org/download/

You'll need Composer, because almost everything in the PHP world is switching to Composer, so there will be no way around it.

There has to be a way to install/run it on you machine, we just need to find it...

4) This is the content of the composer JSON file with the list of libraries the Composer is pulling to XOOPS. I hope, it helps...

But let's really try to get Composer working on your machine. That should be really a priority...
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Mamba
  • 2014/3/29 23:08

• Mamba

John, if this is of any help to you, I've zipped the content of the /vendor folder for you.
You can download it from here

But try to fix your machine so you have Composer working. It is really a HUGE help to have it.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Login

Who's Online

127 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 127

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits