richinri
XOOPS_TRUST_PATH error message - WHAT IS THE SECRET???
  • 2014/2/25 9:42

• richinri

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2014/2/19

Accidentally posted in the 2.6 section - please delete that one.

CONSISTENT ERROR MESSAGE WITH 3 INSTALLATIONS - 2 DIFFERENT PEOPLE - 2 different machines:

Quote:
'XOOPS_TRUST_PATH' :
Check that PHP files inside TRUST_PATH are set to read-only (it must be 404,403 or 500 error)
If you can see an image -NG- or the link returns normal page, your XOOPS_TRUST_PATH is not placed properly. The best place for XOOPS_TRUST_PATH is outside of DocumentRoot. If you cannot do that, you have to put .htaccess (DENY FROM ALL) just under XOOPS_TRUST_PATH as the second best way.

Using the latest everything. Nothing I put in the mainfile.php works. The data and lib files are out of the root directory. Where is the instructions on how to fix this? The path to my installation is c:\wamp\www\xoops-2.5.6\htdocs

Here is the relevant section of the mainfile.php:

// Physical path to the XOOPS documents (served) directory WITHOUT trailing slash
define('XOOPS_ROOT_PATH''C:/wamp/www/xoops-2.5.6/htdocs');

// For forward compatibility
// Physical path to the XOOPS library directory WITHOUT trailing slash
define('XOOPS_PATH''C:/wamp/richlib');
// Physical path to the XOOPS datafiles (writable) directory WITHOUT trailing slash
define('XOOPS_VAR_PATH''C:/wamp/richdata');
// Alias of XOOPS_PATH, for compatibility, temporary solution
define("XOOPS_TRUST_PATH"XOOPS_PATH);

Mamba
Re: XOOPS_TRUST_PATH error message - WHAT IS THE SECRET???
  • 2014/2/25 11:30

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

The best thing is always to read the documentation:

XOOPS Operations Guide: download here

XOOPS Installation Guide: download here

I suspect that even if your mainfile.php points to directories outside of document root, you still have the /xoops_data and /xoops_lib folders in your /htdocs directory

If yes, just delete them, and you should be OK

Check it and let us know if this was indeed the issue.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

redheadedrod

Some pointers for you...

The actual code you want to install is included in the zip file under the directory "htdocs" you want to create a folder on your server that will be your base site and it is a good idea to use a simple name you can easily remember.

On my server I use for testing my 2.5.7 installation:
c:\wamp\www\x257

So with this I take the contents of the htdocs and copy this to the above mentioned folder.

This will allow me to go to the site by using the following URL:

http://localhost/x257

In your setup it looks like you copied the whole zip file over so you will have to access with the URL:
http://localhost/xoops-2.5.6/htdocs

Within this htdocs directory you have two folders as mentioned by Mamba. These are the folders refered by the settings you mentioned so in order to use them you would have to do the following on your system based on your settings:

move contents of C:/wamp/www/xoops-2.5.6/htdocs/xoops_lib to:
C:/wamp/richlib

and move the contents of C:/wamp/www/xoops-2.5.6/htdocs/xoops_data to:
C:/wamp/richdata

You won't need the xoops_lib or xoops_data folders any longer since your richlib and richdata are used in place of them.

This should all be spelled out in the documentation Mamba provided links for.

Rodney

richinri
  • 2014/2/25 19:04

• richinri

• Friend of XOOPS

Thanks for the replies. I guess I wasn't clear. The path to my xoops installation is:

http://localhost/xoops-2.5.6/htdocs/

This advice given earlier:
move contents of C:/wamp/www/xoops-2.5.6/htdocs/xoops_lib to:
C:/wamp/richlib

and move the contents of C:/wamp/www/xoops-2.5.6/htdocs/xoops_data to:
C:/wamp/richdata

was done exactly as stated above and I still get this:
'XOOPS_TRUST_PATH' :
Check that PHP files inside TRUST_PATH are set to read-only (it must be 404,403 or 500 error)
If you can see an image -NG- or the link returns normal page, your XOOPS_TRUST_PATH is not placed properly. The best place for XOOPS_TRUST_PATH is outside of DocumentRoot. If you cannot do that, you have to put .htaccess (DENY FROM ALL) just under XOOPS_TRUST_PATH as the second best way. Note this message is in the Protector Module Security Advisor

Note when installing I got the green check mark to the moved and renamed directories of richdata and richlib

The /xoops_data and /xoops_lib directories are NOT in my htdocs directory. THIS is why I am baffled. The instructions said to move those directories AND rename them. Maybe the richdata and richlib directories should have /xoops_data and /xoops_lib with that name UNDER richdata and richlib? I also see part of the protector module remains under htdocs in the module directory.

richinri
  • 2014/2/25 20:14

• richinri

• Friend of XOOPS

I deleted everything and will try with XAAMP instead of WAMP. I will get back to this thread after the install.

Mamba
  • 2014/2/25 20:23

• Mamba

I've been working with WAMP for 7 years and never had any issues. The only issues I had was with XAAMP, so switching to XAAMP won't solve anything.

If the site is working correctly, then don't worry about the small stuff. If the warning message is annoying, just turn it off, by setting it to 0:

"admin_warnings_enable" => 0,

in the /xoops_data/configs/xoopsconfig.php

Check also your PM..

Support XOOPS => DONATE

richinri
  • 2014/2/26 0:15

• richinri

• Friend of XOOPS

What is PM? I am new. I agree I have always liked WAMP so decided to reinstall it and try again. Now before I reinstall Xoops and lose my friggin mind, is this message in phpmyadmin somehow involved?

The phpMyAdmin configuration storage is not completely configured, some extended features have been deactivated. To find out why click here.

I had it the last install but everything seemed to work just fine in the Xoops setup...all green checkmarks.

Mamba
  • 2014/2/26 0:37

• Mamba

PM is a "Private Message". You can check your Inbox here

Just install a fresh installation of XOOPS 2.5.6 on WAMP, and everything should work fine
Support XOOPS => DONATE

richinri
  • 2014/2/26 6:17

• richinri

• Friend of XOOPS

Thanks!! But I got it reinstalled on WAMP and after some head banging I realized it isn't actually an error message...it just looks like one. It is telling me IF the image shows up and/or IF you click that link and a normal page shows (which tells you to move those directories) THEN you need to take action. I had moved my directories so the image WON'T show and the link will deliver a 404. Thanks for all the help!

Mamba
  • 2014/2/26 12:35

• Mamba

You've never mentioned that the error messages you were mentioning were coming from Protector!

I was convinced that you're talking about the error notices in the Admin.

And I totally forgot that the Protector also checks for the directories in its "Security Advisory".

I am glad that everything is now sorted out!

Support XOOPS => DONATE

Login

Who's Online

161 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 161

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits