danielreple
xforum 4.13

Hello, I would like to know where can I found xforum 4.13 to download that works because I would like to install it on my localhost to test the upgrade xoops of my site before making the final.
Another thing I was wondering is if it is possible to upgrade xoops XOOPS 2.4.4 to 2.5.6 without losing the information on the site, especially the forum, memberlist and user profile.

Earnestly,

Daniel R. Reple

Mamba
Re: xforum 4.13
  • 2014/2/13 9:50

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

1) you can easily update your XOOPS 2.4.4 to XOOPS 2.5.6 - just follow the instructions

2) xforum 4.13 is outdated. I recommend to use NewBB. Just click on the "Download snapshot" link in the top right corner.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

danielreple

Thanks for the quick response!

And is there some risk of losing some things for migrating from xforum to NewBB? Like existing topics?

Thanks

Mamba
  • 2014/2/14 2:51

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

There could be - I am not sure what are the differences, but give it a try. Otherwise, you can always make the conversion manually with phpMyAdmin.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

danielreple

Thaks Mamba!

danielreple

Hello, I'm back for new questions.
I'm doing a test on localhost before making the final.
I did all the steps in the guide, but when I got in step "5. Access / upgrade / with a browser, and follow the instructions", nothing happens.
To access the upgrade, I have to put "/ upgrade /" at the end of the address of my website in adiministraĆ§Ć£o mode, correct?
I don't know what to do ... I need help

thanks

irmtfan
  • 2014/2/19 16:46

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

hi daniel
firstly I think you confused xoops upgrade with the module upgrade.
That upgrade folder is just for xoops core.

Then you should know migrating from one module to another may be hard or easy based on the facilities the module developer provided for users.

So after this introduction we reach to your case for migrating from Xforum 4.13 to newbb 4.3

I took a deep look on Xforum codes and you should know the following notes before migrating:

1. Xforum is written based on newbb 4.0 beta versions.

2. Xforum sql tables have xf_ prefix but newbb have bb_

3. there are some little changes in fields and some new tables in Xforum.

So my advise for migrating is:

1- Install newbb 4.0 in local

2- drop all newbb tables (those with bb_prefix) then change all tables with xf_ prefix to bb_ using phpmyadmin.

3- upgrade newbb 4.0 to newbb 4.33 (read upgrade note)

danielreple

Hello irmtfan,

thanks for the help, it might be helpful if I need to update the xforum, but really what I want to upgrade is the xoops. My biggest concern is the loss of data xforum.

Now I am unable to continue to update xoops, until step 4 of the guide is apparently all right, but in step 5 no statement appears on my browser.

help, please!!!

irmtfan
  • 2014/2/21 5:39

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

OK
to upgrade your xoops you should follow the instructions in 2.5.6 package. It seems you forget to move upgrade folder to root?
Also you can always use full package for upgrade.

danielreple

Hello, I made some print screens to show how it is.
What is wrong?

Thank you again!
Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Login

Who's Online

227 user(s) are online (159 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 227

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits