• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
I installed composer

You obviously didn't follow the steps:

1) install composer
2) go to your /xoops_lib directory
3) open Windows "command window"
4) type: composer install and press enter

The last step is NOT to install Composer, since you've done it already in Step 1.
It is to make Composer install all the libraries that are specified in the file "composer.json" that is in the /xoops_lib directory.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

tatane
Re: Xoops 2.6.0 alpha 3 issues
  • 2013/11/30 13:54

• tatane

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2008/5/6 1

This is incomprehensible! Nobody can help you if it's as complicated as it to install Xoops

Mamba
  • 2013/11/30 14:38

• Mamba

Quote:
This is incomprehensible! Nobody can help you if it's as complicated as it to install Xoops

Tatane, I believe, Rodney and I have responded to every one of your messages, so you can't say that we didn't try to help you!

However, when I asked you to tell us where you got lost, or what was not clear to you, so we could improve it, you still haven't responded.

I believe that the instruction were very clear. If you got lost, tell us what was not clear, and we'll improve it.
But if you don't read and follow the instructions, then I am not sure what else can we do?

If you follow the instructions, you can have XOOPS 2.6.0 installed and running in 5 minutes.

So again, if something is not clear, tell us what, and we'll try to improve it.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

timgno
  • 2013/11/30 14:56

• timgno

• Module Developer

• Since: 2007/6/21

I just created a news article on my website for you please translate it into your language

Mamba
  • 2013/11/30 15:28

• Mamba

Quote:
I just created a news article on my website for you

Rodney was working on a tutorial and it should be ready this weekend, after Richard reviews that.

However, I don't understand why Tatane would not share with us where he got lost, so we could improve the instructions

Or admit that he just didn't read the instructions, and was installing XOOPS 2.6.0 the same way as he did with all the previous versions of XOOPS. And that would be OK too

We want to help, but we need feedback about what exactly went wrong, where the people got lost, so we know what, if anything, has to change in the instructions.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

redheadedrod

Yes, I am modifying the install documentation to show the installation for 2.6. I am fighting with Word right now to get things lined up. The configuration steps are a little different than they were so I am making it match and use pictures from the current 2.6 installation. I even have screen shots of using composer and what you should get.

If I can figure out how to use the index and TOC I will be done with it in short order.

I think only the first few pages are changed so hopefully once I get this figured out it will go smoothly and I can have it to Richard for review on Sunday. I need to learn Word better for sure..

Rodney
Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

Gnomesu
  • 2013/12/1 3:08

• Gnomesu

• Just popping in

• Since: 2013/2/5 3

Quote:

Mamba wrote:
Quote:
I installed composer

You obviously didn't follow the steps:

1) install composer
2) go to your /xoops_lib directory
3) open Windows "command window"
4) type: composer install and press enter

The last step is NOT to install Composer, since you've done it already in Step 1.
It is to make Composer install all the libraries that are specified in the file "composer.json" that is in the /xoops_lib directory.

what do I do not correctly?

video:http://video.yandex.ru/users/gnome692/view/1/

Mamba
  • 2013/12/1 5:32

• Mamba

Quote:
what do I do not correctly?

Well, I can't tell, because the quality of the video was not good enough, and I couldn't see much there.

But in order to put all the rumors to rest that XOOPS 2.6.0 with Composer is hard to install, I just recorded a video with the whole process, incl. downloading and installing Composer, downloading XOOPS zip file, and downloading all required files using Composer:

Total time for downloading/installation: 4 minutes, 40 seconds!

Here are again the instructions for Windows and WAMPServer:

1) currently download XOOPS from Richard's account on GitHub, because this is the latest version. Just click on the "Download Zip" button, and unzip it to your installation folder

2) Download Composer Installer from John Stevenson's account. Just click on the "Download it here" link. This installer is better, because it sets correctly the Windows path, i.e. you can use Composer from any folder.

3) Install Composer and test in any directory if the path is correctly set by opening a Windows Command window and typing "composer --version". If you get the correct answer, you're ready to install XOOPS

4) Go to /xoops_lib folder and type "composer install". Composer will use the "composer.json" file in that directory that has been provided by XOOPS to download all the required libraries.

5) Once this is done, go to your browser, and start installing XOOPS. Just accept all standard settings, and in no time you have installed XOOPS 2.6.0

My WAMPServer configuration:
PHP 5.5.6
MySQL 5.6.14
Apache 2.4.6

I hope that everybody can see now that XOOPS 2.6.0 installation is as quick and easy as it always was
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Mamba
  • 2013/12/1 20:45

• Mamba

I have updated the video with some comments, so you know what is happening on the screen....

Support XOOPS => DONATE

Login

Who's Online

236 user(s) are online (168 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 236

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits