vakenpunktse
Forum ver 3,08 - Threads when admin/webmaster site loads blank, reg user all ok. How Weirdis that?

Hi!

Im a novice at this and our main maintenance guy is not available for some time, so please overlook if I describe our problem in the wrong way or if I make mistakes you may regard as simple.

The short story: We really need help because when logged in as webmaster/admin an you open any thread in the forum, the sites just loads i totally blank. See print screen.

If a reg user logs in, everthing works fine. This problem has never happend since 2004 when we started using xoops. Totally new problem that just came some weeks ago. No usual reguser, have ever complaind the last weeks, just admins complaining.

This is a printscreen that shows how it looks for admin. Resized Image

Our forum-module i version 3,08.

ImageMagicK: Not available
NetPBM: Not available
GD1 library: Not available
GD2 library: Autodetected: bundled (2.0.34 compatible)
Path for attachment storing: /home/vakense/public_html/uploads/newbb/ ( Available )
Path for attached image thumbs: /home/vakense/public_html/uploads/newbb/thumbs/ ( Not available Create it )

Board Statistic
Total Topics 22922 | Total Posts 196001 | Total Views 55215354

Have you guys ever heard of this problem and have some tips where to begin.
Space on server is ok 1,5 GB free.

Please dont just answer "upgrade" to Xoops, or module bla bla. Because that could be a big process and lots of individual data could be lost which I cant manage. I really need to get in contact with someone who have heard of this problem or can give me some hints where to begin. When a reg user uses the forum there are no problems at alls. But for admin-users with webmaster-lever, you "had" to reload the thread in the forum several times before the site loadad. But now it just loads a white screen even thou one reloads many times. Is kind of annoying becaus it isnt a static problem and "sometimes" work when you reload several times.

All the best from sweden. And many thanks for help and hints. I may have forgotten to describe something here. So please just answer in the thread i you need more info. We have about 40 000 unique visitors per month and this is becomming a nucians for the webmasters / admins.

/Jonas

Anonymous
Re: Forum ver 3,08 - Threads when admin/webmaster site loads blank, reg user all ok. How Weirdis that?
  • 2013/11/6 21:04

• Anonymous

• Since:

My reply is not what you want to hear, but using an old xoops/ forum module can cause your issues!

What xoops version is used? Other important question: did your hoster issue upgrades recently? As upgrades and in particular php upgrades can cause big problems with older xoops versions. Check this with your hoster and let us know!

redheadedrod
Re: Forum ver 3,08 - Threads when admin/webmaster site loads blank, reg user all ok. How Weirdis that?

If you have been running the same software since 2004 that is impressive but as already mentioned it is likely that your host recently updated your PHP version and this made it incompatible with your installation.

You really only have two options...

Upgrade your installation or get your host to downgrade your php version back to a version that works with your installation.

So we can better help you please try to identify what version of xoops and modules you have on your system.
Also the version of PHP your host is using.

Rodney

vakenpunktse

Hi,

From what I can see in XOOPS System administration we are running XOOPS 2.4.3.

Have not gotten answer yet from our host on which version of php they are running.

redheadedrod

Here is an easy test:

make a file and call it phpinfo.php and place the following two lines in it:

<?php
phpinfo();

Place this in the root directory of your web site. (Same location as the mainfile.php file) Then type in the following line in your bowser. (Replace www.yoursite.com with the name of your site. )

www.yoursite.com/phpinfo.php

This should tell you much about your server.

One good thing is if you are running xoops 2.4.3 your upgrade will be much more painless than some of the older upgrades. My guess is you are now running php 5.4 and 2.4.3 may not be compatible with it. But the majority of the modules you are running should be compatible with 2.5.6.

vakenpunktse

Issue solved, our XOOPS-expert got some time and deactivated a module that was causing the issue. Not sure why that particular module was causing the issue but working fine now. Will consider upgrade anyway.

redheadedrod

Upgrading will help keep you up to date with the rest of what is going on.

What module were you having issues with?

Rodney

Anonymous
  • 2013/11/8 15:32

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
Issue solved, our XOOPS-expert got some time and deactivated a module that was causing the issue.

Can you share which module/ version caused the problem? This can be helpful information for others having a similar problem.

vakenpunktse

(Several of us managing the site share this account vakenpunktse here on xoops, if you wonder why we write diffrently)

Status: Now this Fu.... S... has moved over to SMARTSECTION. So ADMINS cant edit newsitems. Just blank screen when pressing edit. Xoops has worked like a charm since 2004, and now this happens. Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaawh!

The extra bad thing is that the problem isnt consistent, and some smartsection items are edit:able, and some arnt.

All tips and hints are very helpful. Our Serviceprovider has not done any PHP-upgrade lately. They run on 5.2 and will upgrade to 5.3 in near future.

Lovley start on a saturday. Thanks for all help guys.

Mamba
  • 2013/11/9 15:28

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
has moved over to SMARTSECTION

You need Publisher, which is the updated version of SmartSection.

Just install Publisher, and import the articles from SmartSection.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Login

Who's Online

123 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 123

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits