Mamba
Publisher 1.0 Final ready for testing
  • 2013/7/19 7:49

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

It's been a while since Trabis released the Publisher 1.0 RC

I looked at the bug reports and there was nothing really there, except "feature requests", so we would like to released the current version with couple of fixes, as 1.0 Final.

But before we publish it in the News, I would like ask for one more test of this module by current users, so we can see if everything works as it should be.

Download: XOOPS File Repository

Requests:

1) Could we also have volunteers to help us write Tutorial/Documentation for it?

2) And couple of designers who could provide us with some cool themes/templates designed specifically for Publisher that would emulate a "news magazine"?
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

SMEDrieben
Re: Publisher 1.0 Final ready for testing
  • 2013/7/29 19:42

• SMEDrieben

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2009/6/17

I just downloaded the this module, imported my smartsection data and only have a first impression:

- Xoops codes, such as [img], [b] are not recognized in the category description and category header fields. In Smartsection 2.13 this was no problem (interpreted correctly).

In the articles, this problem doesn't exist.

SMEDrieben.

Mamba
  • 2013/7/29 20:15

• Mamba

I'll take a look into it this or next week.

If you can, please post an example of the category header from SmartSection, so I can test it here.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

SMEDrieben
  • 2013/7/30 19:40

• SMEDrieben

• Not too shy to talk

This is an example of a the text in the category header field:

[img align=right id=106]Handboek[/imgwritten by [b]drJ.ARaymakers[/b]. Op <a href="../extgallery/public-album.php?id=6" target="_top">3 december 2010 is het officieel  aangeboden</aF.RBacquĆ©.

U kunt het handboek bestellen via <a href="http://www.uitgeverijparthenon.nl/parthenon_eijk.html" target="_blank"><i>Uitgeverij Parthenon</i></aof via uw eigen boekhandel.

In smartsection 2.13, it generates an image, in Publisher it doesn't (just gives the Xoops-codes. Html codes are correctly interpreted in Publisher.

By the way: I have to upgrade, since the admin of smartsection 2.13 doesn't work anymore in Xoops 2.5.6. or php 5.3 (I don't know).

SMEDrieben

SMEDrieben
Re: Publisher 1.0 Final: a few comments
  • 2013/8/4 15:34

• SMEDrieben

• Not too shy to talk

Dear Mamba,

I think Publisher is a fantastic module !

Users must realize that quite a lot of features can be modified by the (extensive) preferences menu. The permissions menu is important as well, since you have to arrange here what you wil see in some admin tabs.

I have some comments (in part already mentioned above):

- the category header field is a legacy (I think): it is only used in the WF-Sections display, as far as I could discover. In this field, you can insert xoops codes with a menu: however, xoops codes will not be recognized ! Wouldn't it be better to combine this field with the category description field ?
- the category description field: xoops codes used in this field are not recognized.
- category images cannot be selected from images already in the database or somewhere in de uploads folder. The module requires a copy of those images in its own folder in the uploads folder. I think it would be better if the module also could use images in others folder.
- the modules uses its own icons and not those in the Frameworks/modulesclasses/icons folder. For future releases it would be better to use the icons from Frameworks.

SMEDrieben

Tarik
  • 2013/8/4 21:13

• Tarik

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2010/2/3 1

this is great news i'll download it and test as soon as i get some free time, as for contributing an Arabic translation is due and with a fancy template as extra

brutalicuss

Hi guys!
I would like to use this nice module for blog. I have 2.5.5, but the latest version say that i need from 2.6.6
In my little test (on 2.5.5), the only thing that does not work is article rating.
What should you recommend for me - install old version, fully compatible with 2.5.5 or (if the article rating no problem for my blog) keep this latest version. Im not sure for future problems except the ratings, if they appears...

Mamba
  • 2013/8/6 12:19

• Mamba

Regardless of the modules, you should update to XOOPS 2.5.6, as it fixes bugs, incl. couple of security issues.

From 2.5.5 to 2.5.6 it shouldn't take you more than 10 minutes to upgrade.

And yes, we don't test the new modules on 2.5.5 anymore (at least I don't ), so you really should update to XOOPS 2.5.6
Support XOOPS => DONATE

brutalicuss

10x Mamba :)
I expected "heavy" (for me) answer like yours but im not ready yet, some day... There is one of mine modules - weblinks, and its a little buggy on 2.5.6
At the moment i will looking for old stable version of publisher, and i hope to update soon to 2.5.6, at least because of fixing security issues (as you say)

Mamba
  • 2013/8/6 20:15

• Mamba

Quote:
There is one of mine modules - weblinks, and its a little buggy on 2.5.6

Did you contact the author? If the module is not maintained anymore, I would suggest to switch to something like MyLinks or WF-Links, as they have been recently updated.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Login

Who's Online

208 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 208

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits