Reaper414
images?
  • 2013/7/4 17:15

• Reaper414

• Just popping in

• Since: 2013/7/4 1

Okay,

So when I installed xoops it was the first time I ever heard of it. I have always used php-nuke but for some reason I cannot get it to work on my server. I kept getting a mainfile.php error so I gave up and went searching for other solutions on web development.

Before I get into my issues I will explain what I am running. As of right now I am running wamp server with
PHP: 5.4.3
mysql: 5.5.24
apache: 2.4.2
xoops: 2.5.6

So my issue is after installing xoops and setting it up locally I try it remotely from an outside network. The site loads but not the way it should. It loads all of the text but not in the blocks like it should nor loads any of the images.

Locally everything looks correct, but once I step outside of local it is a mess.

Any help would be appreciated.

OH! and one last thing, again new to xoops. When I am in the admin panel it says

"WARNING: Folder C:/wamp/www/Test/xoops_lib is inside DocumentRoot!
For security considerations it is highly suggested to move it out of DocumentRoot."

and

"WARNING: Folder C:/wamp/www/Test/xoops_data is inside DocumentRoot!
For security considerations it is highly suggested to move it out of DocumentRoot."

Where do I move these files so I do not get this error anymore!

Thank you for your time!

Gavin

Mamba
Re: images?
  • 2013/7/4 17:34

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

I recommend the Installation and the Operations Guides from this page

The Installation Guide will show you how to set correctly the directories so you don't have the errors.

Regarding the issues with remote access, unfortunately, I have no idea. Maybe there are some extra server permissions missing? I don't think, it's an issue with XOOPS.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Reaper414
Re: images?
  • 2013/7/4 18:24

• Reaper414

• Just popping in

• Since: 2013/7/4 1

This makes verry little sense but I reinstalled it to the parent directory and it works locally and outside. thank you sir.

Login

Who's Online

199 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 199

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits