• Just popping in

• Since: 2013/5/23

Ok, so here's what I found out:
$Id: mainfile.dist.php,v 1.7 2004/12/26
PHP Version 5.2.17
MySQL 5.5.31-cll

redheadedrod
Re: Problems with displaying stories after moving to another server

Your modules can be found in the "modules" directory on the main folder.

The versions of the modules can be found in the xoops_version.php file for each module.

I just tried going to the site and it says that most things don't exist.

It looks more and more like something didn't transfer when you transfered the database.

Can you confirm the site worked properly under the old host?

I am not sure how to identify the xoops version without being able to get into the admin menu. Is this a site you are administering or is someone else? You really need admin access to the site to properly check things out. Even if you are given a temporary password to do so.

Do you have phpmyadmin on both systems? You might want to do a comparison between the two sites and make sure everything transferred over as is and nothing was changes.

You can do an export to a CSV file and compare the two. This would probably be the most telling way to compare visually. And I would start with the area you are having issues with (news).

Are people able to login and do everything else ok?
You may need to get to to admin menu and do something as simple as update the modules starting with the system module first.

Resolving this issue may be very difficult if you can not access the admin menu. You may also want to turn on debugging for this system which can be done without admin access as long as you can access the database with something like phpmyadmin.

To make changes to the debug setting in the database pull up your table listing and it will be in your config table. (There is a random 4 character combination an underscore and then the word config for the name of the table.)

If we look for the item in the table listed under field "conf_name" you will find an entry of "debug_mode". To change this setting you will need to follow the same line and look for the "conf_value" field. This is the actual value for the debug setting.

The possible values are 0, 1, 2, or 3
0 = debug off (Normal value)
1 = Inline debugging on (lists at bottom of page)
2 = Popup debugging on (Will pop up a message on each screen refresh)
3 = Smarty templates debug. (Never have used this so not sure what this is.)

This should tell you if you are missing an entry in the database, the file is missing or inaccessible or whatever is going on.

xoobaru
  • 2013/6/21 14:02

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/2

When you say you restored form backup, was the backup just your XOOPS directory (or htdocs), or was it the servers entire hard disk drive image including operating system?

jlm69
  • 2013/6/21 21:40

• jlm69

• Module Developer

• Since: 2002/7/19

You can ALWAYS find what version of Xoops you are using by looking in the file:

XoopsRoot/include/version.php

If I had to guess I would say you have around version 2.0.9, which probably won't work good with php5, that I don't remember

Like I said in my previous post, We NEED to know what version of Xoops you are using, and a list of ALL modules you are using and if possible the versions of the modules you are using.

Without this info we cannot help you properly.

With this info we can figure your best and quickest way of fixing it.

John

redheadedrod

Quote:

jlm69 wrote:
You can ALWAYS find what version of Xoops you are using by looking in the file:

XoopsRoot/include/version.php

John

Ahh cool... Now I know how to check.. I spent a LONG time in the past trying to find that...

Login

Who's Online

246 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 246

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits