Mamba
Re: XOOPS 2.5.6 Final Release Issues
  • 2013/4/29 20:32

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Try the version 1.39 from Timgno - it is newer.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

irmtfan
  • 2013/4/30 2:23

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

good
IMO it is better to do these for an upgrade package:
- remove install, mainfile.php, include/license.php (removing license is important)
- remove robots.txt, xoops.css and favicon.ico (It will help webmasters to not loose customization)
- remove suico and zetagenesis from themes folder (just default theme is enough)
- remove cache and templates_c (no need for them)
- add upgrade folder

for my personal usage i will create another upgrade and i remove these too:
- images and uploads folder because i have customization there.

@chefry:

those red lines are not important because they just want to warn you about those folders permissions. while they are above 755 it is ok for the system.
but it is strange. usually you should see green lines when chmod is the same. I know in some servers users cannot change the chmod of a folder at 777 maybe your issue is this.

Mamba
  • 2013/4/30 7:02

• Mamba

Quote:
- remove robots.txt, xoops.css and favicon.ico (It will help webmasters to not loose customization)

The issue is with a situation when the Webmaster didn't change anything in a file like xoops.css, but it was changed by XOOPS from one version to the other (e.g. xoops.css has been changed from 2.5.4 to 2.5.5)

I think, that a Webmaster who did such changes, needs to remember what was changed, and then avoid overwriting such files. Otherwise he will not take an advantage of changes provided by XOOPS.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

chefry
  • 2013/4/30 10:57

• chefry

• Home away from home

• Since: 2006/10/14

Quote:

irmtfan wrote:

@chefry:

those red lines are not important because they just want to warn you about those folders permissions. while they are above 755 it is ok for the system.
but it is strange. usually you should see green lines when chmod is the same. I know in some servers users cannot change the chmod of a folder at 777 maybe your issue is this.

I know, because I know that they are supposed to be 777. But the point is, something changed between RC 1 and Final that is causing the error. A new user isn't going to know that

Mamba
  • 2013/5/1 7:43

• Mamba

Quote:
I know, because I know that they are supposed to be 777. But the point is, something changed between RC 1 and Final that is causing the error.

Is anybody else experiencing it? I cannot replicate it....
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Roby73
  • 2013/5/5 23:00

• Roby73

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2011/6/15

I have a problem in some modules with the file /class/commentrenderer.php the code:
$this->_comments[$i]->getVar('com_email')
at line 303 seem to be a wrong.

$text = (false != $admin_view) ? $thread[$key]['obj']->getVar('com_text') . '<div style="text-align:right; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px;">' _CM_STATUS ': ' $this->_statusText[$thread[$key]['obj']->getVar('com_status')] . '<br />IP: <span style="font-weight: bold;">' $thread[$key]['obj']->getVar('com_ip') . '</span><br />' _CM_EMAIL ' :<span style="font-weight: bold;">' $this->_comments[$i]->getVar('com_email') . '</span></div>' $thread[$key]['obj']->getVar('com_text');

variable $i don't set.
I resolved bug, removing the email code.

irmtfan
  • 2013/5/6 2:25

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

Very Nice catch Roby73. Actually the reason that nobody find this bug until now is we didnt use "nested view" in our websites for comment system. to solve that change those lines with this:
$text = (false != $admin_view) ? $thread[$key]['obj']->getVar('com_text') . '<div style="text-align:right; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px;">' _CM_STATUS ': ' $this->_statusText[$thread[$key]['obj']->getVar('com_status')] . '<br />IP: <span style="font-weight: bold;">' $thread[$key]['obj']->getVar('com_ip') . '</span><br />' _CM_EMAIL ' :<span style="font-weight: bold;">' $thread[$key]['obj']->getVar('com_email') . '</span></div>' $thread[$key]['obj']->getVar('com_text');

irmtfan
  • 2013/5/6 4:52

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

An important note for translators:

I just noticed these definitions are added in 2.5.6 for fast comment hack but didnt mentioned anywhere in the news, readme or lang_diff:
in language/LANG/comment.php

define('_CM_USER','Name');
define('_CM_EMAIL','Email');
define('_CM_URL','Website');

I didnt find it too because in my tests i implemented the fast comment hack before 2.5.6 released.

Mamba
  • 2013/5/6 5:15

• Mamba

Quote:
I just noticed these definitions are added in 2.5.6 for fast comment hack but didnt mentioned anywhere in the news, readme or lang_diff:

Oops!

Thanks for the catch! I'll fix it in SVN and the release doc files.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

bosco
  • 2013/5/9 22:52

• bosco

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/5 1

Hi,

i' trying to update from 2.0.15.
i've uploaded & replaced all files.
when i go to mywebsite.com/ i've got a blank page.
When i got to /upgrade/, i can log in, but when logged in, i have a blank page with only debug informations.

if anyone have an idea ?

Login

Who's Online

157 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 157

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits