Globalode
migrating website to another hosting company
  • 2013/4/27 21:13

• Globalode

• Just popping in

• Since: 2013/4/27

Hi Guys I've a new customer and he already has a website using xoops.
I'm trying to migrate the web application from the current hosting plan to a new one in order for me to manage the information in it.

I've no experience what so ever using php and my checking the files using webmatrix I was able to determine it was xoops.

My questions are,
1. where can find the database details in order to change the database name, the user and the password. I export and import the database in the new hosting plan but I need the website to start hitting this new version of the database.

2. for migration purposes, I moved the website files and I'm dealing with the database, do I need to do anything else?

If there is a document of this, please forward URL in order to start moving forward on regards to this problem.

Thanks for your help guys.

Mamba
Re: migrating website to another hosting company
  • 2013/4/28 3:20

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
My questions are,
1. where can find the database details in order to change the database name, the user and the password. I export and import the database in the new hosting plan but I need the website to start hitting this new version of the database.

normally it is in mainfile.php

Quote:
2. for migration purposes, I moved the website files and I'm dealing with the database, do I need to do anything else?

Normally not, unless you've changed the PHP version, and there are conflicts with it, if the XOOPS version is an old one.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Login

Who's Online

157 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 157

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits