Mamba
AdsLight 2.2 Beta 1 - Ads & Classifieds with Payment Options
  • 2013/3/22 9:51

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Thanks to Cesag, we have now a new version of AdsLight 2.2 that she received from iLuc, the author.

Cesag spent countless hours testing this module, as well as the xPayment module, originally created by Wishcraft.

Both have been now updated to XOOPS 2.5.5 Admin GUI, and are now released as Beta versions for testing.

Adslight is a module that allow your clients of your website to list advertisements for items for sale, exchange or barter. It has an option to work together with XPayment module that allows people to both pay for items in the category it is assigned to or for advertisements themselves, that can be charged on a day by day basis till an expiration date.

Please note: if you don't plan on selling anything for a fee, you don't need to install the xPayment module.

Requirements: XOOPS 2.5.5, PHP 5.2 (5.3+ recommended)

Download: from SourceForge File Repository

- Adslight 2.2 Beta 1

- xPayment 1.52 Beta 1

Once again, a big "Thank you" to Cesag for her hard work and dedication on these two modules!

P.S. If you can, please test the payment feature with xPayment, because we would like to make it a standard payment solution for all our modules, similar to how it is done in Adslight.

For example, if Timgno is developing his Hotel or Restaurant module, he could use xPayment. It would make sense to utilize xPayment in our existing modules such as Oledrion, or Membership. This way we would have a standard payment solution, working similar to modules like Tag or Waiting, which can be utilized by other modules.

Resized Image

Resized Image
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Cesagonchu
Re: AdsLight 2.2 Beta 1 - Ads & Classifieds with Payment Options

Transifex: AdsLight 2.2 Beta 1 (language files for translators).

Sourceforge: AdsLight 2.2 Beta 1.

Please help us with translations and tests.

Link to xPayment 1.52 Beta 1 section.

xoobaru
  • 2013/3/22 13:54

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/2

Quote:

P.S. If you can, please test the payment feature with xPayment, because we would like to make it a standard payment solution for all our modules, similar to how it is done in Adslight.

Just reposting this recent thread of found xPayment 1.51 issues when tested.

Any Bitcoin plugins in the works for xPayment?.

Mamba
  • 2013/3/22 14:12

• Mamba

Quote:
Any Bitcoin plugins in the works for xPayment?.

Not that I am aware of.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

AngeloRocha

The images of the ads do not appear to me (debug show no errors;).

In Brazil we use de currency symbol on the left side.
It would be an interesting option, switch de currency position (left or right).

Cesagonchu

Quote:

AngeloRocha wrote:
The images of the ads do not appear to me (debug show no errors;).

Is your picture a .jpg and is it 500 kb max?

Resized Image

Mamba
  • 2013/3/26 7:11

• Mamba

Quote:
In Brazil we use de currency symbol on the left side.
It would be an interesting option, switch de currency position (left or right).

I agree, it would make sense. Is anybody aware if this was done already in any of the XOOPS modules, so we don't reinvent the wheel?

I guess, it would be relatively easy to add a selection in Preferences, and then set it in templates, but I am curious if it could be done in a more generic way that would be then available to all modules. Could we use Locale for it?

Irmtfan is probably most knowledgeable in using Locale, so maybe he could make a suggestion. Personally, I hate doing one-off solutions for only one module. The goal should be always to make it generic and accessible to other modules.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Yurdal
  • 2013/3/28 13:54

• Yurdal

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/3/27

How can i make a map of the Netherlands ? i see only Russia and France ?

Mamba
  • 2013/3/28 14:04

• Mamba

I talked to Cesag about it, and I think, it's better to just use the Google maps. I don't know what software was used to create the France and Russia maps, and I am afraid that it will only cause maintenance problems in the future.

Google Maps will be an easier solution (it works already), and it can be enhanced further.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

irmtfan
  • 2013/3/30 2:42

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

Quote:

Mamba wrote:
Is anybody aware if this was done already in any of the XOOPS modules, so we don't reinvent the wheel?

I guess, it would be relatively easy to add a selection in Preferences, and then set it in templates, but I am curious if it could be done in a more generic way that would be then available to all modules. Could we use Locale for it?

Irmtfan is probably most knowledgeable in using Locale, so maybe he could make a suggestion. Personally, I hate doing one-off solutions for only one module. The goal should be always to make it generic and accessible to other modules.

yes a generic solution is much better.
In addition a user side solution (css/html/smarty/js codes) is always better than a server side solution (php/mysql codes) for a user side feature request.
For this feature request you dont need to use php codes. It can be done using css.
Also by using css it will be local aware and multilingual. e.g.: in an english/brazil website, in english it would be in right and in brazil in left.

you can add a css class to your local in XOOPSROOT/language/PT-BR/style.css

e.g.:

.currency {
floatleft;
}

@Mamba:
we can add this style in XOOPSROOT/xoops.css for general usage in all modules/themes:

.currency {
floatright;
}

then in template you can add something like this:
&nbsp;<{$price}>&nbsp;
<
div class="currency">
<{
$price_currency}>
</
div>
<
div class="clear"></div>

then in english it should look like this: 10 USD
in Brazil like this: USD 10
PS: i still didnt download this module but it seems a heavy module using googlemap. It seems this module is doing a great job.

Login

Who's Online

233 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 233

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits