timgno
Re: XOOPS 2.6.0 Alpha 2 released for Testing
  • 2013/1/25 12:35

• timgno

• Module Developer

• Since: 2007/6/21

Icons of 'Enable' and 'Disable' module, don't see when I've clicked in Modules Manager:

Resized Image

timgno
  • 2013/1/27 13:20

• timgno

• Module Developer

Quote:
Fatal error: Class 'XoopsLocale' not found in C:\wamp\www\2.6.0\htdocs\class\module.textsanitizer.php on line 481

trabis
  • 2013/1/27 15:19

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

Quote:
timgno wrote: Quote:
Fatal error: Class 'XoopsLocale' not found in C:\wamp\www\2.6.0\htdocs\class\module.textsanitizer.php on line 481
I thought this was fixed last night?! Please update svn and test again. Quote:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<<' (T_SL) in C:\wamp\www\2.6.0\htdocs\modules\notifications\index.php on line 69
This sounds like tortoise svn did not merge your file correctly. Perhaps it would be better to checkout the trunk again.

timgno
  • 2013/1/27 15:29

• timgno

• Module Developer

Quote:
trabis wrote:
This sounds like tortoise svn did not merge your file correctly.
Perhaps it would be better to checkout the trunk again.

That's what I did

A question, the same XoopsLocale class and translate function is only for the modules?

tatane
  • 2013/1/27 18:15

• tatane

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2008/5/6 1

I have two question: when someone creates an account in the field "nickname" would it be possible to have a system which is where the nickname is already taken him that it can not be used?

Because currently the member must validate their registration to whether or not the name is used similarly for the e-mail address

you go to integrate the system account creation by email and not by nickname?

Thank you

trabis
  • 2013/1/27 20:29

• trabis

• Core Developer

Quote:

timgno wrote:

A question, the same XoopsLocale class and translate function is only for the modules?

XoopsLocale is for core language, it is located in htdocs/locale folder
Each module will have its own locale, ex:PublisherLocale, AvatarsLocale, etc, located in htdocs/modules/modulename/locale folder

Modules can and should use XoopsLocale as much as possible.

timgno
  • 2013/1/27 20:42

• timgno

• Module Developer

@trabis

A proposal!

You can also add in the file en_US.php, TWITTER?

trabis
  • 2013/1/27 20:46

• trabis

• Core Developer

Quote:

tatane wrote:
I have two question: when someone creates an account in the field "nickname" would it be possible to have a system which is where the nickname is already taken him that it can not be used?

Because currently the member must validate their registration to whether or not the name is used similarly for the e-mail address

you go to integrate the system account creation by email and not by nickname?

Thank you

If I understood correctly your questions were:
1 - Can we detect if username and email are already taken before submitting the form?
2 - Can we use only 'email' as the unique/identifier field and drop the username?

Answers:
1 - I think we can add some axaj yes. By 'we' I mean some other core developer that has more experience with jquery than me!
2 - I like the idea of logging in using email and have a 'display name' instead of an 'username' but that is something that needs extra discussion. Funny, just yesterday I was reading an old thread related with XOOPS 2.2:
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?start=0&topic_id=46612&order=ASC&status=&mode=0

irmtfan
  • 2013/1/28 4:48

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

Quote:

Can we detect if username and email are already taken before submitting the form?

yes seems an easy implementation with some js codes.

Quote:

2 - Can we use only 'email' as the unique/identifier field and drop the username?

after 10 years i still cannot understand why core team always think we must have one field for login?
we can login with both "uname" and "email" fields.
I sent a feature about the ability for logging with email. i activate it in my website and users are really happy with it.
It is very important for non latin character websites ( like persian, arabic, ...) that users select multibyte, very long "uname"

email login hack feature

then if we have a fully functional profile system in the next xoops we can have features to create more fields connected to "each other"/"other modules/extensions" and finally webmaster can create a field and name it "display name" and show it in all modules with some easy ways like a smarty in template.

tatane
  • 2013/1/28 9:03

• tatane

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2008/5/6 1

Quote:

trabis wrote:

If I understood correctly your questions were:
1 - Can we detect if username and email are already taken before submitting the form?

yes that is correct

Quote:

trabis wrote:
1 - I think we can add some axaj yes. By 'we' I mean some other core developer that has more experience with jquery than me!

Yes, but everyone does not know the language ajax or another, we must think of the people who come on Xoops beginners wanting this option. If he sees that he must seek the help of a developer to add this option they will go elsewhere.

Login

Who's Online

235 user(s) are online (151 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 235

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits