kroewing
xlanguage will not work with profiles
  • 2013/1/8 8:36

• kroewing

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2008/3/24

Hi,

I would like to provide my xoops site in multilanguage as I did it already in the past with Xoops 2.2.

For this I have installed xlanguage 3.04 on Xoops 2.5.5 and it works well except for one core module. In Profile 1.63 the switch between the languages will not apply. It will always use the language which I have used by the installation of profile module. (please see the Picture below)

PICTURE

I have also the problem with a new installation of xoops, so it must be a general problem of the module.

I guess the profile module write everything into the SQL database and this will be the reason that the language files will not be used.

I hope I am not the only one which use the module with this problem. So maybe anybody has find out a solution for this.

Cheers!
Heinz

Mamba
Re: xlanguage will not work with profiles
  • 2013/1/8 20:45

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

First, thank you for your donation to XOOPS!
We appreciate it very much!

Can you tell me how did you install your XOOPS version?

Did you install first the English version and then added the German language files, or the other way around?

Looking at your picture, my first guess would be that you don't have English language files for this module, and have only "partially" translated German files, with parts being in German, and parts in English.

Unless XOOPS takes parts of the translations from outside of the Profile module.

Can you check in the Profile's /language folder if you have /english folder there, and also the content of the /german folder's files?
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

jcweb
  • 2013/1/9 0:39

• jcweb

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/4/25

Hallo Heinz, Hello Michael

Michael, Heinz is a friend of mine, so i know his installation, sometimes i help him with different things. I can confirm this problem, we have two clean and new installation (one on the same another on a different server), there we have exactly the same problem.

In the case from Heinz there was a upgrade, but the former installation was in german. On my new installation german but we both have for all modules english and german lang files.

Further on Heinz installation all language files (include the profile module) complete, in english and german. The only question i or we have is, you did not upgrade the changelog file of the module, on XOOPS 2.5.5 did we need the extra files for the smarty plugins (class and framework)?

We host on the same and different server:
XOOPS 2.5.5
PHP 5.3.18
MySQL 5.1.56

and all conditions/requirements are complied.

Greets and thanks for your help!
Andy

Mamba
  • 2013/1/9 9:16

• Mamba

Which version of XOOPS did you use in German?
Here I see only the 2.5.4:
http://www.myxoops.org/downloads/viewcat.php?cid=70

I need to know the exact versions, so I can try to reproduce it.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Mamba
  • 2013/1/9 9:57

• Mamba

I did some testing here, and it seems like you're missing some of the language files.

For the Profile, XOOPS takes translations from different files, outside of the Profile module.

For example,

define('_US_TYPEPASSTWICE', '(Geben Sie Ihr neues Passwort 2x mal ein um es zu ändern)');

comes from:

xoops/language/german/user.php

So can you make sure that you have both folders with all files there:

xoops/language/german/
xoops/language/english/

One more thing: are you using the standard XOOPS Profile module? Because I see field "Muttersprache" and we don't have it in the standard configuration. Or was it a field that you've added yourself?
Support XOOPS => DONATE

jcweb
  • 2013/1/9 12:21

• jcweb

• Quite a regular

Hello Michael
Thanks for reply. First, we use our own german language files, we complete theme selve and did not visit or use the german community. All files we have from here (sourceforge). We compare the profile module language files, and i think in case of Heinz they are complete, because as before we have the core files from sourceforge and if the language files there complete, the german language files are also complete!

That u see some non-standard fields in the profile module on the Heinz installation, he create some extra fields, but as an example the fields time zone or email address are standad fields and they will also not change the entries from german to english.

I will grabb again the english language files from sourceforge so we can compare again abd give you a reply.

Thanks in advance
Andy

jcweb
  • 2013/1/9 13:40

• jcweb

• Quite a regular

Hello Micheal
See the post before please.

I checkt it out, the language files are complete with the same and complete definitions.

Greets Andy

Mamba
  • 2013/1/9 15:59

• Mamba

It's really hard to test it without seeing your installation.

Could you email me one of the two:

a) your XOOPS installation with all the files and the profile module?

or

b) Webmaster and FTP/phpMyAdmin passwords, so I can take a look at your site?

Any of this will work.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Mamba
  • 2013/1/9 16:43

• Mamba

OK, I might have found it, and if it's correct, then it is pretty surprising that nobody has found it earlier. It seems like the Profile module is pulling the names from the DB tables (profile_category and profile_field), in /profile/include/forms.php
foreach (array_keys($elements) as $k) {

array_multisort($weights[$k], SORT_ASCarray_keys($elements[$k]), SORT_ASC$elements[$k]);

$title = isset($categories[$k]) ? $categories[$k]['cat_title'] : _PROFILE_MA_DEFAULT;

$desc = isset($categories[$k]) ? $categories[$k]['cat_description'] : "";

$form->addElement(new XoopsFormLabel("<h3>{$title}</h3>"$desc), false);
        foreach (
array_keys($elements[$k]) as $i) {

$form->addElement($elements[$k][$i]['element'], $elements[$k][$i]['required']);
        }
    }
These tables are populated during installation, so if you install XOOPS first in German version, it will be always German, regardless of any languages you add later, and of course, xLanguage will not help here. I guess, fixing this would required a major rewrite by the Core Team, but I am not sure if they will be able to do it for XOOPS 2.5.5, or only for XOOPS 2.6.0. But we'll will ask them for their view...
Support XOOPS => DONATE

trabis
  • 2013/1/9 19:01

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

Seems profile should be saving the constant keys instead of the translations (just like notifications does). That should be an easy fix.

Login

Who's Online

211 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 211

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits