flaggada
Bug in last svn Publisher with permissions
  • 2013/1/3 16:02

• flaggada

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2008/10/6

Hello,

I've installed the last svn Publisher version, on xoops 2.5.5, with a thousand news, and it seems to be some issues on permissions.

As an admin, everythings goes fine, wheras another type of user (registered or non registered), it's not possible to go inside categories. They could see articles with the direct link, but they couldn't travel in the module. A permission error try to display (I say try because, there's a my-history error before).

I've tryed to find the issue, i've redefined all the permissions everywhere, and it seems to be something in the class file, but unfortunately, I'm not a php killer.

Whatever, thanks for your work, it's really a great job.

redheadedrod
Re: Bug in last svn Publisher with permissions

I believe there was discussion somewhere else on here that if you have a lot of groups and topics right now publisher may run out of memory causing permissions issues. Check your used memory and see if this is the case. If it is I thought I saw Trabis was considering different options but he is also a core developer now and is busy working on the core.

If you do a search elsewhere for publisher you can read up on the issue. I don't think it currently is resolved.

Rodney

trabis
  • 2013/1/3 19:33

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

Quote:

flaggada wrote:
Hello,

I've installed the last svn Publisher version, on xoops 2.5.5, with a thousand news, and it seems to be some issues on permissions.

Thanks for testing publisher.
This issue was fixed on latest svn version. Please update.

flaggada
  • 2013/1/4 8:58

• flaggada

• Friend of XOOPS

Hello, thanks for your quick answer

Just installed the new svn, and now, there is no error message, and we can travel through categories.

But it seems that all the permissions of read have been disabled. Permission of article take the advantage of categorie's permissions
i.e, when you're not the admin, you don't see any articles, even if you have the permission to see the category.
To see them, I must edit every articles and define permissions on the 3rd sheet. Quite a long work.

Thanks again

trabis
  • 2013/1/4 18:56

• trabis

• Core Developer

Quote:

flaggada wrote:

To see them, I must edit every articles and define permissions on the 3rd sheet. Quite a long work.

It should be the opposite because I removed item permissions in publisher, there is only category permissions.
If you have access to a category you should have access to all items inside it.
I'll look to see if there is a bug or not.

trabis
  • 2013/1/4 19:24

• trabis

• Core Developer

@flaggada

I detected a problem in the category page(perhaps also on blocks, did not test). It was not showing the articles list.
It should be fixed now on svn. Please test it(again).

flaggada
  • 2013/1/4 19:48

• flaggada

• Friend of XOOPS

After the update... That's fixed, thanks a lot

flaggada
  • 2013/1/8 15:12

• flaggada

• Friend of XOOPS

Hello

1 After another test, the problem was fixed in the defined categories but not in the modules/publisher/index.php page, where a blank page appears:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getVar() on a non-object in /home/www/web/modules/publisher/class/item.php on line 1611

2 Another thing is that when you defined the number of character to be shown in the latest news block, when you submit a summary with the item, it takes the summary text to display but don't apply the limitation of characters. If you don't write in the summary field, it will take the full text with the limitation...

3 The notation system doesn't apply the right number of stars, corresponding to the global note. Not very important...

Thanks

trabis
  • 2013/1/9 22:20

• trabis

• Core Developer

@flaggada:
I could not reproduce number 3!

The other should be fixed now, please test it.

flaggada
  • 2013/1/11 8:56

• flaggada

• Friend of XOOPS

For 3 it doesn't matter, 1 and 2 fixed, thanks a lot

Login

Who's Online

151 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 151

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits