jcweb
Re: Partial Basic Module Pack for XOOPS 2.5.5 (updated Final releases)
  • 2012/12/23 17:22

• jcweb

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/4/25

Michael, what are you mean with "Pending"? That the modules that you link at not in the Repository? A lot of people cannot work with Tortoise, can you or anyone not copy the latest version to the Repository?

Anyway, thanks all for working on the modules and to all of you Merry Christmans and a Happy new year.

Greets Andy

Mamba
  • 2012/12/23 20:16

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
Michael, what are you mean with "Pending"? That the modules that you link at not in the Repository? A lot of people cannot work with Tortoise, can you or anyone not copy the latest version to the Repository?

It looks like SourceForge fixed the issue, whatever it was, and all the download links work right now!

So go ahead, download any modules you want from the above links, and please test for any bugs!
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

irmtfan
  • 2012/12/24 4:40

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

Thank you Mamba.
but as i always advise keep the number of basic pack as minimum as possible one module for each category/job.
eg: one gallery is enough like extgallery or one partner module like xoops partner.

i will test xoopspoll today.

Mamba
  • 2012/12/24 6:04

• Mamba

Quote:
but as i always advise keep the number of basic pack as minimum as possible one module for each category/job.
eg: one gallery is enough like extgallery or one partner module like xoops partner.

Yes, this will be our approach!

Right now I am focusing on converting the modules to Admin GUI, so they work with no errors on PHP 5.4.8

As next step, I would like to consolidate modules and their features, so as you've suggested, there would be only one calendar, one gallery, one partner module, etc. Hopefully, we'll have a good discussion in the community to which modules should stay as the "official" modules of the "Basic Module Pack".

These modules would then have import function to import the data (if possible at all), from other similar modules.

And at the same time, I would like to extract the coolest features from individual modules and implement them across the whole "Basic Module Pack", but this might happen in XOOPS 2.6.0.

My goal is to keep all modules as consistent as possible, i.e. if I go to module ABC it will have the same files names and folder structure, and the same code as module XYZ, so if we need to change something, it will be a very straight forward process, of copying files (or parts of the code) to all modules, and we are done.

For example, right now we have "update" script under different names, and located in different folders. Some of them are in the main directory, some are in /include, and I've also seen in the /sql folder.

If everybody does the coding in a different way, then we are back to the same mess as we are right now, i.e. we have to spend tons of time trying to figure out what the developer wanted to do and why, before we finally can make some changes to it without breaking anything in the process.

Now, if somebody thinks that there is a better way to implement certain feature, then please let us know the reasons, and we'll do it.

Because the most important thing for me is that we have a consistent source code across all modules, as it will make maintenance easier in the future.

The current release of Basic Module Pack is focused mainly on making all the modules using more or less the same XOOPS 2.5.5 Admin GUI.

But in the next release, I would like us to share and reuse as much code between all the modules as possible, so moving to XOOPS 2.6.0 will result in a very consistent source code base, making maintenance in the future much easier.

And the way the Core Team is refactoring the Core, XOOPS 2.6.0 will give us the foundation to reuse a lot of code between modules. From what I've seen so far, XOOPS 2.6.0 will be a very exciting platform to quickly build modules and applications!

This will be the same as with our current switch to ModuleAdmin class. If all modules are using it, then we need to make changes only this class, and all modules using it will benefit from that change
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Anonymous
  • 2012/12/25 9:30

• Anonymous

• Since:

Wauw a lot of modules for a basic modulepack

I will test it and check the dutch language files on Sourceforge and TX.

Is ther also a form module added? Such like eform or xform?

Merry Christmas everyone!!

Mamba
  • 2012/12/25 10:00

• Mamba

Quote:
Wauw a lot of modules for a basic modulepack

Only for the time being!
We'll be merging them in the future, and create other "Module Packs", and some of the modules will be moved from the "Basic Module Pack" to them.

Right now see it mainly as a "Blue Move conversion" exercise, and later we'll select as a community, which modules should go to the "Basic Module Pack"

Quote:
Is there also a form module added? Such like eform or xform?

Yes, xForms will be part of it, and I hope, we can merge eForms into xForms, so we have only one module.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Anonymous
  • 2012/12/25 21:44

• Anonymous

• Since:

I was looking for translations in Transifex but could not find the help.html files from the help folders, same for the mail templates... As these files are part of the modules and have to be translated too, why aren't they in Transifex?

Mamba
  • 2012/12/25 23:13

• Mamba

Quote:
As these files are part of the modules and have to be translated too, why aren't they in Transifex?

If Transifex accepts HTML files, then they should be in there. I hope, DCrusader will find time to look into it....
Support XOOPS => DONATE

irmtfan
  • 2012/12/26 5:34

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

It seems the most important point is choosing ONE UNIQUE place to submit translations.

IMO new SVN would be better because of many of Tranxifex limitations include not accepting extra files (php, css, images, html,...)
Anyway i commit xoops 2.5.5 persian language package to svn. it is very old release but i want everybody could track future changes.

Anonymous
  • 2012/12/27 8:44

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
Yes, xForms will be part of it, and I hope, we can merge eForms into xForms, so we have only one module.

That would be great!

Login

Who's Online

185 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 185

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits