bjuti
Re: Latest Publisher module?
  • 2012/11/26 23:26

• bjuti

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2009/1/7 2

Just asking, but is it possibl publisher to use less memory? :)

I have website with 25k articles and it needs 1gb server memory!

irmtfan
  • 2012/11/27 4:28

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

IMO functions for select/highlight text should be moved to core.
That script is good but some functionality is not necessary to change by end users. eg: "Only match whole words in the string" and "Case sensitive matching"

edit:
i just see activating "Case sensitive matching" will make the replacing failed in 2-byte languages like persian.

trabis:
could you please commit in the official xoops svn? i cannot access to google code in my country!!!
I hope all developers commit only to one place.

edit2:
feature request here:
https://sourceforge.net/p/xoops/feature-requests/405/

mondarse
  • 2012/11/27 6:59

• mondarse

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/3 1

Hi Trabis,
please give us the link to the google SVN you are using to make same tests.

I'm trying the rc1 in local and I'm having many errors even in the admin side.

Thanks MonDarSE

edit:Sorry, didn't read previous message from irmtfan. It would be also nice (and better for all) to have access to the module's svn in sf.net

mondarse
  • 2012/11/27 9:25

• mondarse

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/3 1

Quote:

I'm trying the rc1 in local and I'm having many errors even in the admin side.

I have solved my errors in admin side of Publisher. I have installed it in an a different folder, but I had not used "clone" button at all.

Now, I have done a new clean install in the default folder and everything worked fine, then cloned the module to other folder.

MonDarSE

bumciach
  • 2012/11/27 11:01

• bumciach

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/6/25

Quote:

trabis wrote:

Great! I've made a class based on that script and it works perfectly!

I'm glad that my post was useful :)

Although I agree with irmtfan that highlighting (and a few others like breadcrumbs) should be provided by the core. But extract highlighting script to a separate class is a step forward.

By the way. Will translations be done on Transifex (any plans?) or I should commit on xoops svn my own translation when I have done?

trabis
  • 2012/11/27 14:15

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

I've committed publisher to xoops svn. When I have time I'll commit other modules.
http://sourceforge.net/p/xoops/svn/10276/tree/XoopsModules/publisher/trunk/publisher/

Quote:

Although I agree with irmtfan that highlighting (and a few others like breadcrumbs) should be provided by the core. But extract highlighting script to a separate class is a step forward.

I've made the class thinking on reusability. There are some differences from the original class. Check it out. If you like it we could schedule it for addition in Xoops 2.6.

Quote:
By the way. Will translations be done on Transifex (any plans?) or I should commit on xoops svn my own translation when I have done?

I've never used Transifex so I don't know. What is the best for you? Committing directly to svn is fine for me.

Quote:

Just asking, but is it possibl publisher to use less memory? :)

I have website with 25k articles and it needs 1gb server memory!

This last version will definitely use less memory. One of the problems was loading all available item_read permissions. In 25k articles you would have a 25k items array taking much memory.

Be careful, once you update publisher your item_read permissions will be deleted. This wont be a problem for you unless you decide to go back to an old version of publisher. If you do go back to an old version, you will need to edit categories and set override item permissions.

If you are updating, please check if the tables have the same fields as a new installation. It is possible that I have done some changes there that I don't remember. This version as moderation permissions. You need to give moderate permissions to groups to be able to edit/delete items.

Please test this version, translate it, and fell free to commit any changes.

bjuti
  • 2012/11/27 18:32

• bjuti

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2009/1/7 2

Well another idea...

For SEO it's better images to have normal filename, not the img[randomnumber].jpg. Is it possible in publisher to override system settings? I've tried it here but had no luck.

Also.. for making articles in sequels. Like read next, or next chapter or something... Is it possible to add url od to select previous and next item, or all of them?

Also, having articles without categories?

It would be nice that all links in blocks have title="" tag.

Different header depending on category. Eg.. travel category sponsor is tourist agency, or eg. tech category sponsor is ISP provider etc.

I saw in Wordpress.. there is an option to add ADSense code and it will be showed in middle of article? Is this possible?

And at the end, Publisher really need 'similar articles' option.

Tnx!

bumciach
  • 2012/11/28 12:41

• bumciach

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

trabis wrote:

I've made the class thinking on reusability. There are some differences from the original class. Check it out. If you like it we could schedule it for addition in Xoops 2.6.

Good job! I like this class.

But...
Type 'Any (OR)' and 'Exact Match' works as expected. But 'All (AND)' displays the same results as 'Any (OR)' what is wrong. More over only first keyword is highlighting (except 'Exact Match'). I start track it down and try fix in svn.

And I have some thoughts about search system (xoops in general), but it's another topic.

And (fresh install from xoops svn)
Fatal error: Call to protected method PublisherItem::assignOtherProperties() from context 'PublisherItemHandler' on line 1075

Quote:
BI've never used Transifex so I don't know. What is the best for you? Committing directly to svn is fine for me.

Neither do I use Transifex. I haven't been too active on the forum last times and only briefly read about Transifex. So I preferred to ask.

trabis
  • 2012/11/28 14:08

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

bumciach wrote:
Quote:

But...
Type 'Any (OR)' and 'Exact Match' works as expected. But 'All (AND)' displays the same results as 'Any (OR)' what is wrong. More over only first keyword is highlighting (except 'Exact Match'). I start track it down and try fix in svn.

And I have some thoughts about search system (xoops in general), but it's another topic.

And (fresh install from xoops svn)
Fatal error: Call to protected method PublisherItem::assignOtherProperties() from context 'PublisherItemHandler' on line 1075

Thank you, I've fixed the 2 bugs and committed to svn.

Quote:

Neither do I use Transifex. I haven't been too active on the forum last times and only briefly read about Transifex. So I preferred to ask.

Then you can submit your work to svn once it is done.

bumciach
  • 2012/11/28 15:02

• bumciach

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

bumciach wrote:
Type 'Any (OR)' and 'Exact Match' works as expected. But 'All (AND)' displays the same results as 'Any (OR)' what is wrong. More over only first keyword is highlighting (except 'Exact Match').

My bad. I forget that I have changed settings 'min keyword length' meanwhile. So one of keywords was simple ignored.

Login

Who's Online

180 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 180

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits