sealdeal
getting aps built
  • 2012/8/12 16:57

• sealdeal

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/1/11

I need an app built for both I-phone and android to connect to an existing website using CMS xoops with ability to connect to our existing classifieds section and upload photos
Also ability to download coupons from our site and store on their phone.
Also want to ability to easily change app's picture and web site it directs to.
Where would be a good place to look for to have these kinds of apps built?
I know this is not directly a xoops question but it is so I can have mobile access to xoops sites.
Thank you for your time

redheadedrod
Re: getting aps built

At this time there is no support for this with Xoops. It has been talked about but since you can get full access to Xoops from the mobile browser there has not been much support from developers to make this happen.

Unless someone has worked on something like this in private this will not be an easy task. You will have to find someone that can write code to access the data you want from Xoops which will require some sort of connection between the phone and the system.

Then you also need someone who can write an App for the phones to do this. At this time no one has volunteered that they are able to accomplish this so you are talking about paying a programmer to accomplish all of this.

sealdeal
  • 2012/8/12 17:24

• sealdeal

• Just popping in

We figured we will have to pay to have the app built the main thing we need it for is the ability to add pictures to the classifieds. I heard there was places that have programmers that work cheap, was hoping somone knew a direction to point me in

Mamba
  • 2012/8/12 20:02

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

I might have somebody who could be interested in a paid project. I'll connect you with them.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

rabhi2008
  • 2012/8/13 3:55

• rabhi2008

• Just popping in

• Since: 2012/8/13

Resized Image

goooood

[EDIT by Mamba]
This link was to a file "my.mandriva.com.exe" which contained a Trojan virus and therefore has been removed.

irmtfan
  • 2012/8/13 4:40

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

nowadays young people just need these kind of connections.
It is very needed in XOOPS.
I thank you sealdeal for supporting it.

sealdeal
  • 2012/8/13 20:04

• sealdeal

• Just popping in

Thanks Mamba have them let me know a price

redheadedrod

Just be aware that since there is no real structure to support this built into Xoops this could be a much bigger project than you are willing to pay for. There is a desire for this type of thing to work but it will require a module to be built and applications for android and iOS. This will require someone to know how to program in PHP and understand xoops, Java for Android, and C++ for iOS. A decent programmer could probably work on something like this full time for a month and have something viable but that's assuming they have experience in all areas.

Having said all that it would be a very cool thing to have...

Would be a great addition to Xoops. I hope I am wrong with how much work it will be but my guess if it was easy it would already have been done.

Rodney

sealdeal
  • 2012/8/13 22:52

• sealdeal

• Just popping in

The xoops should not need to be changed at all only using wurfl module the app needs to connect to the xoops site url (standard on aps) and have ability to search phone for pictures to upload just connecting to existing xoops which I am sure there is script already to do just that for both i-phone and android, it's putting the pieces together that needs to be figured out. I really would not want somethiong that I would have to change xoops around for I like the way it works right now. Thanks for the help I wanted to check here for my first step in searching.

Mamba
  • 2012/8/13 22:55

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
Thanks Mamba have them let me know a price

I need your email. I sent you a PM, and I am still waiting for response from you
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Login

Who's Online

180 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 180

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits