@irmtfan

I have checked the icons, they are 16x16 the same as orginal

Nick_James
Re: Newbb 4.3

Can you be more specific M.

I don't see what I am looking for.

Nick_James

I have users where 'enable html tag' and 'attach signature' are not being checked.

Nick_James

I am getting this error on my iPad again - even on post I have just opened.

"Invalid submission. You could have exceeded session time. Please re-submit or make a backup of your post and login to resubmit if necessary."

I can post to this site with no problem, and I can post to my site with my iPhone, but I am getting a 'timeout error, on the iPad.

Mamba
  • 2012/8/6 16:48

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

OK, I see what you mean - you mean the Options that are visible under the "post".

I think, some of them should be turned off in the "Permissions" Tab for a particular group, e.g. Signature, HTML. I am not sure if all of them will be defined there, e.g. "Enable XOOPS Code" or "Enable Smiley"...

Give it a try and let us know...
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Nick_James

Okay, the iPad error appears to have been due to a 'cookies' issue. Perhaps the warning should be adjusted to cover both excessive time delay and a 'check ur cookies'

Nick_James

Ah, that is where those two are hidden.

I activated them for the users. I guess it means they were not seeing the options so they could not check them. Ergo, i was having to go behind and select them...

Not sure it should be a selectable option. It almost needs to go with the editor selected.

For quick response or text editor. No html code.

For tinymce editor, always selected. Otherwise you end up with <p> marks in your post.

Nick_James

The problem being...

"I liked the old form better also. Also my signature does not come through, even though I checked yes"

The users could see them and request the settings, but could not effectuate them because the permissions were turned off.

Using tinymce without the html turned on results in funny looking posts.

For some reason, the webmaster (me) had no problem posting with html turned on even though the permissions were not set.

It would be nice to have an easy means to switch the permission levels of the webmaster to view the site from The perspective of different levels of members. The current way i do this is with multiple accounts. It would be nice to have a switch that downgraded premissions to any of the member groups to swiftly check what the regular members are actually seeing/experiencing

Mamba
  • 2012/8/7 0:06

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
It would be nice to have an easy means to switch the permission levels of the webmaster to view the site from The perspective of different levels of members. The current way i do this is with multiple accounts. It would be nice to have a switch that downgraded premissions to any of the member groups to swiftly check what the regular members are actually seeing/experiencing

That's what I am doing too, i.e. I am using multiple accounts to check if the settings are working properly.

It would be nice to have a preview for each group, so maybe it would something for a future release.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

irmtfan
  • 2012/8/7 2:09

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

deka87:
Your issue is really strange. I will investigate your issue.

Yurdal:
Quote:
I have checked the icons, they are 16x16 the same as original

by writing size I means their capacity is higher. originals are < 1Kb yours are > 3Kb. The image sizes are important. could you reduce them?
I know in photoshop you have an option to save in the "web mode" to reduce the sizes.

Nick_James:

for signature:
- the default is defined in Profile module by webmaster.
- users can change the default in their profiles: in edit profile -> Always attach my signature -> yes/no
- In newbb you can set the permission so that different groups have the ability to disable/enable their signature in each post. so if the user set the above option to no in profile, the signature is disable by default and can be enable. otherwise it is enable and can be disable.

for html:
- you can set the permission to allow different groups to use html in different forums.
- the default for allowed groups in allowed forums is hardcoded to enable (check box has always a tick)

for smilies, xoopscode and br:
- the default is hardcoded to enable. (check box has always a tick)

Anyway i see no mean to have an option to set those defaults to disable.

Quote:

For quick response or text editor. No html code.

to change the quick reply editor go to include/plugin.php
// Set the default editor for quick reply 
$customConfig["editor_quick_default"] = "textarea";

set that to your desired editor like dhtmltextarea or tinymce

Quote:

For some reason, the webmaster (me) had no problem posting with html turned on even though the permissions were not set.

yes. in newbb all options are available for webmaster regardless of permissions.
webmaster have all permissions without a single tick there.

Quote:

That's what I am doing too, i.e. I am using multiple accounts to check if the settings are working properly.

It would be nice to have a preview for each group, so maybe it would something for a future release.

yes. but it has minor priority and simulating all group permissions in both admin and user side is tough, time consuming and IMO finally impossible.
using a test account is a must for any webmaster.
also a long list of features with higher priorities are available.
Anyway, pay attention that it is a forum and it is big so one can call it another CMS.
Also it has tight connections with profile and system module.
so its management is harder than other simple modules.

Login

Who's Online

164 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 164

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits