AmyMarie
extgallery photos not showing up
  • 2012/6/17 13:24

• AmyMarie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/9/3 1

I have xoops2.5.5 installed and am trying to get the extgallery to work with this version. The install seemed to go ok. But after uploading photos into the batch directory they do not show up on the website. I have checked permissions. I have approved the files after uploading. Does anyone have a fix for this? Or can someone give me an idea on how to get them to show up.

thanks in advance,
Amy

AmyMarie
Re: extgallery photos not showing up
  • 2012/6/18 13:03

• AmyMarie

• Just popping in

How come no one wants to help me on this?

Mamba
  • 2012/6/18 14:19

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

It's not the we "don't want", it's just a question of time and knowing how to help.

I don't know what is wrong with it from your description. I never had the issue and I've installed extgallery on many sites.

Do you have the latest extGallery from XOOPS SVN? If not, try to uinstall your current version, and install this one.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

AmyMarie
  • 2012/6/18 16:17

• AmyMarie

• Just popping in

Just to let you know I am using FreeBSD. So after I gunzip and tar the files they end up in /usr/local/www/apache22/data/great/xoops-2.5.5/htdocs/modules/extgallery/trunk/modules/extgallery and I need them to be in /usr/local/www/apache22/data/great/xoops-2.5.5/htdocs/modules/ when I try to use the mv command and then try to install the module via the admin panel the module is not in working order. I can not read them. What am I doing wrong. I have installed many modules for xoops, why do these install like this?

AmyMarie
  • 2012/6/18 17:42

• AmyMarie

• Just popping in

Ok.. I am able to get the module to work. All except for the photos showing up.
Looking at the webpage in Internet Explorer all I see is a red x where the photo should be. I have gone into the admin panel and uploaded a photo from there. I did a rebuild on the thumbnail and that did not work. I went into the directory where the files are uploaded and did a change mode but that did not work. Still get the x.
Any suggestions.

Mamba
  • 2012/6/18 21:11

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Obviously, if you see a placeholder for the photo, it means that XOOPS imported them.

Find out the links of these missing photos. This will tell you where the photos should be, and then you can investigate why they are not there.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Login

Who's Online

157 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 157

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits