Mazarin
Re: News 1.67 RC 1 ready for testing
  • 2012/5/10 13:43

• Mazarin

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2008/12/10

Can't get topic icons to show up on the index page, only when you click and view the full article.

EDIT:

The problem, or rather a clue to the cause of it, is in the news_item template. The following code
<{if $story.picture != ''}>
   <
img class="left" src="<{$story.picture}>" alt="<{$story.pictureinfo}>"  />
<{else}>
   <{
$story.imglink}>
<{/if}>

seem to go to the if statement even if there is no story picture. Removing the if statement and just putting the imglink in there makes it work. So, it seems to be something with the story picture.

Mazarin
  • 2012/5/10 18:53

• Mazarin

• Just can't stay away

Also, is it intentional that you no longer (compared to 1.66) can edit articles from the front-end, i.e. no edit article link?

EDIT: Seems the variable
<{$story.adminlink}>

gives the wrong URL to the edit images and links.

When you inspect the "broken" picture, it adds ../../ between the site URL and the folder structure, so it would seem this is trying to do both an absolute and a relative link at the same time.

Cesagonchu

UP please, some people want to use it...

Mazarin
  • 2012/5/15 15:12

• Mazarin

• Just can't stay away

Can someone please verify that you have the same problem as I reported above, with the topic images not showing and the admin icons?

To fix the admin icon issue (to edit articles from the front end), do the following:

In the file news/class/classnews.story.php

Original code, line 563:
$pathIcon16 XOOPS_URL .'/'$moduleInfo->getInfo('icons16');

should be changed to
$pathIcon16 $moduleInfo->getInfo('icons16');

Mazarin
  • 2012/5/15 16:42

• Mazarin

• Just can't stay away

OK, I found and fixed the problem with the topic images as well. It turns out the story.picture variable was set to the path (without a picture name), even if there was no picture, hence never making it empty, as the template checks for.

To fix it, the following should be changed in class.newsstory.php, line 684:

The original code
$story['picture'] = XOOPS_URL.'/uploads/news/image/'.$this->picture();

should be changed to
if ($this->picture() != ''){

$story['picture'] = XOOPS_URL.'/uploads/news/image/'.$this->picture();
} else {

$story['picture'] = '';
}

That's all the bugs I've found so far (I can't reproduce Cesag's warning errors, but the deprecated class is there of course). However, regarding attaching a picture that is shown instead of the topic image, a nice touch to add in the next version would be to make it possible to control the position of the attached picture or at least make it controlled by the "regular" position control for the topic image, so that it doesn't have to be aligned to the right.

Mamba
Re: News 1.67 RC 3 ready for testing
  • 2012/5/16 8:30

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

I've updated the News on SourceForge SVN. I've bumped the version to RC 3

You can download it from here
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Cesagonchu

Thank you very much Mamba!

Cesagonchu

News 1.67 RC3 (Mamba version)

Report bug with Xoops 2.5.5 :

1. Two errors on install : => Not fixed

Warning: include_once(/modules/news/xnclude/install_function.php): failed to open streamNo such file or directory in file /modules/system/admin/modulesadmin/modulesadmin.php line 69

Warning: include_once(): Failed opening '/modules/news/xnclude/install_function.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear'in file /modules/system/admin/modulesadmin/modulesadmin.php line 69

2. Deprecated : => Will be fixed on Xoops 2.6

'/class/xoopstopic.php' is deprecated since XOOPS 2.5.4please create your own class instead.

'/class/xoopstory.php' is deprecated since XOOPS 2.5.4please create your own class instead.

'/class/xoopsuser.php' is deprecated since XOOPS 2.5.4please use 'kernel/user.php' instead.

Class 'XoopsTree' is deprecatedcheck 'XoopsObjectTree' in tree.php

3. When I go to news/admin/groupperms.php => Fixed by Mamba

Warningarray_keys() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in file /class/xoopsform/grouppermform.php line 129

WarningInvalid argument supplied for foreach() in file /class/xoopsform/grouppermform.php line 129

WarningInvalid argument supplied for foreach() in file /class/xoopsform/grouppermform.php line 253

Warningarray_keys() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in file /class/xoopsform/grouppermform.php line 266

WarningInvalid argument supplied for foreach() in file /class/xoopsform/grouppermform.php line 266

4. When I go to news/submit.php => Fixed by Mamba

NoticeUndefined variablepictureinfo in file /modules/news/include/storyform.inc.php line 168

NoticeUndefined variablesubtitle in file /modules/news/include/storyform.original.php line 43

5. When I go to news/archive.php => Fixed by Mamba

NoticeUndefined variablethis_year in file /modules/news/archive.php line 150

6. Typos

news/language/english/admin.php => Fixed by Mamba

Line 178

replace
// Added in verisn 1.50

with
// Added in version 1.50

Line 195

replace
// Added in verisn 1.67

with
// Added in version 1.67

Stories_files => to replace (?) => Fixed by Mamba

Line 218 and 219

define ("_AM_NEWS_THEREARE_STORIES_FILES""There are <span class='red bold'>%s</span> Stories_files in the database");

define ("_AM_NEWS_THEREARE_STORIES_FILES_ONLINE""There are <span class='red bold'>%s</span> Stories_files online");

news\language\english\modinfo.php => Fixed by Mamba

Line 190

replace
define("_MI_NEWS_DESCRIPTION",          "With this Xoops module, you can create an unlimited number of news articles on your site. </br></br>
You can create all articles you want and organize them in topics.</br></br>
With a very powerfull permissions management, you can create groups authorized to submit articles and a group authorized to approve them and decide who can see what."
);

with
define("_MI_NEWS_DESCRIPTION",          "With this Xoops module, you can create an unlimited number of news articles on your site. <br /> <br />
You can create all articles you want and organize them in topics.<br /> <br />
With a very powerfull permissions management, you can create groups authorized to submit articles and a group authorized to approve them and decide who can see what."
);

Line 197

replace
define("_MI_NEWS_SHOWICONS_DSC","Display print , PDF and email icons in buttom of each article");

with
define("_MI_NEWS_SHOWICONS_DSC","Display print , PDF and email icons in bottom of each article");

The content of this file is weird : => Not fixed
news\language\english\newsletter.php

Mamba
  • 2012/5/16 19:55

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Thanks, Cesag!

Bugs 3-6 are now fixed in SVN.

Deprecated functions will be fixed in a future versions (this is just info for developers that the function won't work in XOOPS 2.6.0, but for 2.5.5 everything is OK.

Bug #1: still open. I'll have to look into it. The input data is OK, so at the moment I don't understand why XOOPS changes from "include" to "xnclude"
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Cesagonchu

Occasionally reread the message which I have write just before, because I add bugs, progressively.

Login

Who's Online

222 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 222

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits