Web Server Software (Apache/IIS/Other): Apache 2.0.52
Operating System: RHEL 4
Theme you are using:
Custom template: (Yes/No)
PHP Debug Messages:
MySQL Debug Messages:
Smarty Debug Messages:
A full description of the issue:

Lost Admin password. I've tried setting the pass field with an md5 pass for uid #1 in the xoops_users table which I can access through mysql command line. I can see the lost password mechanism is working and changing the admin password in the table but I always get an "Incorrect login" message. I've dumped the xoops_session table, but still no joy. It looks like it's trying to query our LDAP server but there's no "admin" user there, I even tried adding one to ldap but still not working. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. How do I tell xoops through a database config change to use the local DB for passwords, if thats the problem. Perhaps I could link it to active directory somehow??? What tables/fields do that? I can't get to the admin interfece to set it up graphically.

Doug P

Mamba
Re: Lost Admin password
  • 2012/5/8 6:58

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Go to:

http://yoursite.com/modules/profile/user.php#lost

and enter your email address, and you should receive a new password that you could use.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

phillipdoug
  • 2012/5/10 14:00

• phillipdoug

• Just popping in

• Since: 2012/1/18

Thank you for your answer, but as indicated in my post the lost password mechanism doesn't work. I get the email with the link, I click the link and get another email with a password, but the password doesn't work. I even look at the DB table and see the pass has changed, but still no access. I'm kind of lost here. I even compared the md5 pass in the xoops_users table to the result of a md5 converter using the pass the system sends me and they match, but I still can't get on. Here's some info for illustration:

md5("oksimatfi") = "83916cf00d3aae5e64ce5e40b25e995a"

mysql> select pass from xoops_users where uid = 1;
+----------------------------------+
| pass |
| 83916cf00d3aae5e64ce5e40b25e995a |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Frazzled...
Doug P

iHackCode

try adding that user to the list of users that bypass the ldap auth with. (replacing admin with the name of that user, and dont forget about your table prefix).

UPDATE `your xoops prefix_config` SET `conf_value` = 'a:1:{i:0;s:5:"admin";}' WHERE `conf_name` = 'ldap_users_bypass'

or change your pass manually in ldap. (just noticed that you mentioned that the user isnt in there. )

It seems that there isnt a function to sync the lost password function back to the ldap/AD server.

CBB / LatestNews / Publisher / XM-Spotlight

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

phillipdoug
  • 2012/5/17 17:52

• phillipdoug

• Just popping in

• Since: 2012/1/18

Tried that, still can't log on. Here's result in table for phillipd user (uid = 2).

mysql> select * from xoops_config where conf_name = 'ldap_users_bypass';
+---------+------------+------------+-------------------+--------------------------+---------------------------+-------------------------------+---------------+----------------+------------+
| conf_id | conf_modid | conf_catid | conf_name | conf_title | conf_value | conf_desc | conf_formtype | conf_valuetype | conf_order |
+---------+------------+------------+-------------------+--------------------------+---------------------------+-------------------------------+---------------+----------------+------------+
| 1232 | 0 | 7 | ldap_users_bypass | _MD_AM_LDAP_USERS_BYPASS | a:1:{i:0;s:5:"phillipd";} | _MD_AM_LDAP_USERS_BYPASS_DESC | textarea | array | 8 |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

After bypassing LDAP, used the lost password mechanism again to get password but still can't get on. I compared the md5 pass in table for phillipd to md5 converted pass and they match. Being preasured to get fixed or install Sharepoint. I just don't get what is wrong!

iHackCode

try using a:1:{i:0;s:8:"phillipd";} for the value of the conf_value
CBB / LatestNews / Publisher / XM-Spotlight

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Login

Who's Online

258 user(s) are online (182 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 1

Guests: 257

Mamba,

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!