Boogs
Re: XOOPS Basic Module Pack - Beta 1: ready for testing & feedback
  • 2012/3/21 23:06

• Boogs

• Just popping in

• Since: 2012/2/17

Quote:
redheadedrod on 2011/11/2 1:06:35

Siince PM, Profile and Protector have been updated and are included with the newer 2.5.x releases I suggest they get removed from this package so that we don't confuse new users. I mentioned this elsewhere but haven't seen a response yet.

Rodney

Quote:
by Mamba on 2011/11/2 4:22:02

They will be removed

Has the "Basic Module Pack" been updated with all the latest files? The Pack that I downloaded still has the core modules in it. Are we supposed to overwrite the modules that come with the core files?

Cheers,
Boogs.

Mamba
  • 2012/3/21 23:13

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

No, there was no recent update

I hope to have some time this weekend to work on the Basic Module Pack and get it up to speed.

In the meantime, please keep testing and reporting any bugs...
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Boogs
  • 2012/3/21 23:19

• Boogs

• Just popping in

Quote:

Mamba wrote:
No, there was no recent update

I hope to have some time this weekend to work on the Basic Module Pack and get it up to speed.

In the meantime, please keep testing and reporting any bugs...

Thanks mate

So, if I want the latest files I should download them individually from source forge?

Cheers,
Boogs.

Mamba
  • 2012/3/21 23:56

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
So, if I want the latest files I should download them individually from source forge?

Yes
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Boogs
  • 2012/3/22 13:41

• Boogs

• Just popping in

Awesome, thanks for that Mamba :)

Sourceforge is a bit of a minefield but I think I can find what I need.

Submitting feedback is a bit harder...

Could we create a forum dedicated to the basic module pack and only have separate threads dedicated to the modules in that pack to make it a bit easier to find the thread that we need to feedback on.

I have a live personal site that has only a few family members...It is a bookmark website where we just save our crap to the server so any of us can always find our crap no matter what computer we are on and don't need to worry about bookmarks and favourites and files that may be on another computer - it's all in one place.

A family member says, "can you put this link on the site as i'm using it a lot and i'm sick of having to type it in everytime". We also have all of our family events in the calendar and family photos along with it.

We currently use extcal, extgal, news, mylinks and contact. I would like to also use a file management or download module and a video module where I could upload a family video file and display it in a module.

I would like to use quite a few of the modules in the "Basic Module Pack" and i'm more then happy to report bugs, errors and general usage issues but i'm finding it hard to find the right place to post issues. We have threads for this but there are numerous modules being discussed in the single thread and this makes it confusing.

Anyway, i'm hoping I can help out with the modules in the basic pack as although i'm not happy with xoops I love Xoops!!

Cheers,
Boogs :)

redheadedrod

I'm not sure the basic module pack really should be called basic any more.... But we should have separate threads on each module. When we split this pack into multiple packs it doesn't make sense to have a pack based thread... However in the blue move area it would make sense to have threads on each module included if there are not threads now.
Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

bumpeboy
Re: XOOPS Basic Module Pack - Beta 1: News Block issues
  • 2012/4/17 19:59

• bumpeboy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2008/10/4

Hi am getting the same error and I have downloaded the latest Version : 1.67 on 2.5

Quote:

Mamba wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
also when trying to upgrade the module this error comes up

Error : Smarty error: [in db:news_block_top.html line 915]: syntax error: unidentified token '#039;counter'' (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 1410)

I see some problems in the blocks, I'll look into it.
For the time being, don't use blocks in News!

I think, I fixed it now. Please download News from SourceForge SVN and let me know if the blocks work for you now.

is there a proper working one?
Xoops is immortal.

Login

Who's Online

234 user(s) are online (151 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 234

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits