Mamba
Re: extcal 2.27 beta and xoops 2.5.4 errors/issues
  • 2012/2/1 13:10

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

It seems like there is a new version extCal 2.36 Beta 2 .

But it has some problems, incl. the date in English.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Yurdal
  • 2012/2/1 13:43

• Yurdal

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/3/27

@mamba
I downloaded earlyer from kris his link in frxoops, just as you said there are still some bugs, in my post earlyer, the older events are not visible, even when you activated them through admin panel :(

Stijnvd
  • 2012/2/2 19:32

• Stijnvd

• Just popping in

• Since: 2011/12/14

@Renetjuh

I have the same problem. Users not logged in cannot see the content of the event.

The beta 2 still has the error with the date format. While I use the English version I have no problems with names of days etc.

Running the Extcal from basic module pack beta 1 with the modifications from Renetjuh. (and it works :) )

Anonymous
  • 2012/2/2 19:38

• Anonymous

• Since:

I will check it later this evening.

Stijnvd
  • 2012/2/2 21:01

• Stijnvd

• Just popping in

Mamba, can you clarify the multiple versions of Extcal?

- extcal included in basic module pack beta 1 -> working with modifications provided by Renetjuh
- extcal 2.36 beta 2 and/or 1 -> working, but has the incorrect date error
- extcal 2.22 -> still the yellow label

Mamba
  • 2012/2/3 12:01

• Mamba

I've invited JJDai, who is working on the ver. 2.36, to use the XOOPS SVN, so we could work together as a team, where some of us could fix the English translations, etc.

The problem is that whatever changes I would do, they might be obsolete the next day, if JJDai makes some new changes, without incorporating my changes.

I am waiting for his response....
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Anonymous
  • 2012/2/4 16:01

• Anonymous

• Since:

With version 2.24 (which is packed in Basic Module Package and changes earlier discribed) the Users not logged in cannot see the content of the event. In my opinion this must be fixed because it is a bug.

Mamba
  • 2012/2/4 16:10

• Mamba

I hope, we can get JJDai to work with us on that, so we can fix all the bugs and make his recent version part of the Basic Module Pack.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Stijnvd
  • 2012/2/4 16:47

• Stijnvd

• Just popping in

As previously said I am working with the same version as Renetjuh.

And the following came to my eye: when previewing an event it shows different attachments that where once added (but now it is disallowed to add to a new event).

This is not a major thing, not be able to view details of an even is a larger problem

---
Edit: I was trying and have the following issue:
Testing with the permissions I gave anonymous users the edit permission. I saw that they still were not able to view and edit events. But now I cannot turn edit permissions off?
What changed with the permissions?

It does not seem to be a problem of the Xoops permission, anonymous users still have access to the calendar. Even when I give these users admin rights on the calender (in Xoops, not in Extcal) they still cannot see the details of the events.
Did the way Xoops handles the anonymous users changed with the upgrade and is it not copied into Extcal?

I copy all debug logs here:
Errors
Notice: Undefined variable: url in file /class/xoopsblock.php(157) : eval()'d code line 11
Notice: Undefined variable: size in file /class/xoopsblock.php(157) : eval()'d code line 12
Notice: Undefined variable: size in file /class/xoopsblock.php(157) : eval()'d code line 13

Depreciated (typo in Xoops !)
'/class/xoopstory.php' is deprecated since XOOPS 2.5.4, please create your own class instead.
'/class/xoopstopic.php' is deprecated since XOOPS 2.5.4, please create your own class instead.
'/class/user.php' is deprecated since XOOPS 2.5.4, please use 'kernel/user.php' instead.
'Database::getInstance();' is deprecated since XOOPS 2.5.4, please use 'XoopsDatabaseFactory::getDatabaseConnection();' instead.
'Database::getInstance();' is deprecated since XOOPS 2.5.4, please use 'XoopsDatabaseFactory::getDatabaseConnection();' instead.

Hope you can do something with it.

---
Edit 2: a user let me know that even registrated users cannot see details. Apparently it are only webmasters who have rights to see details.

Anonymous
  • 2012/2/5 20:32

• Anonymous

• Since:

@stijnvd thanks! Together we can fix the issues and let extcal working fine!

Login

Who's Online

265 user(s) are online (154 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 265

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits