Thuleab
White page when trying to make a comment
  • 2012/1/16 7:20

• Thuleab

• Just popping in

• Since: 2012/1/10

I have just moved from Joomla to this very nice system, but I have run into a small problem.

When i try to make a comment to a published article the page just turns white???

I have seen this a couple of times when trying to install modules and it is very frustrating.

Mamba
Re: White page when trying to make a comment
  • 2012/1/16 12:28

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

If you just installed XOOPS, it shouldn't happen.

What XOOPS version of XOOPS and PHP are you using? What modules have you installed?
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Thuleab
  • 2012/1/18 5:49

• Thuleab

• Just popping in

Hi Mamba.
I use 2.5.3, PHP 5.2.17
my module are articles, xdonation, newbb

Thuleab
  • 2012/1/20 11:51

• Thuleab

• Just popping in

Are there really noone who can solve my problem

syrian_arab

I want to know why the move from Joomla to XOOPS

Thuleab
  • 2012/1/20 17:34

• Thuleab

• Just popping in

Because my joomla site were hacked to many times

redheadedrod

Xoops is in a transitional phase at this point.

You should be using 2.5.4 at this stage due to some major fixes over 2.5.3. The only modules that should be assumed to work well at this point with the 2.5 series are those included in the "basic module pack". This pack is still considered to be in "beta" form so they are not perfect but I haven't heard of many issues with modules included.

Other modules may work fine but a number of modules are older and may not work without either minor adjustments or major rewriting depending on their age.

When you have problems like this it can be easier to track them down by turning on the debugging system in the preference menu. That will most likely let you know when a problem exists and what it is related to.

When I say transitional, work is being done towards a new version of Xoops with a lot better core but due to the politics of some people no longer associated with Xoops there hasn't been any updates on a lot of modules for a long time and with the upcoming major improvements it is hard to do any major updates until the new framework is in place so that modules don't need to be rewritten over and over. You should be able to find compatible modules for what you want to do but try using the modules from the basic module pack instead of downloading them out of the repository if possible. A majority of modules otherwise listed were designed for older versions of xoops using an older version of PHP and may or may not work without modification.

It can be frustrating right now because there is a lot that needs to be done sorting old modules, documenting them and updating them. You will do better if you have some basic PHP skills at this point but once you figure out things you should be very pleased with Xoops.

I do want to add that as a group we are playing catch up because the politics of some no longer with us really left a mess. There are some great people involved now but it will take some time to get everything sorted and brought up to speed. However in the mean time there is plenty in place that you can use to do what you want.
Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

Thuleab
  • 2012/1/23 17:05

• Thuleab

• Just popping in

This is the result of the "debug"

0.000152 - SET NAMES 'utf8'
0.000092 - SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS = 1
0.000183 - SELECT * FROM config WHERE (conf_modid = '0' AND conf_catid = '1') ORDER BY conf_order ASC
0.000495 - SELECT sess_data, sess_ip FROM session WHERE sess_id = '...................' (Removed, looks like a password)
0.000106 - SELECT * FROM users WHERE uid = '1'
0.000182 - SELECT * FROM modules WHERE dirname = 'articles'
0.000162 - SELECT * FROM config WHERE (conf_modid = '10') ORDER BY conf_order ASC
0.001402 - DELETE FROM protector_access WHERE expire < UNIX_TIMESTAMP()
0.000587 - SELECT COUNT(*) FROM protector_access WHERE ip='94.145.237.121' AND request_uri='/modules/articles/comment_new.php?com_itemid=22&com_order=1&com_mode=flat'
0.000431 - SELECT COUNT(*) FROM protector_access WHERE ip='94.145.237.121'
0.000451 - INSERT INTO protector_access SET ip='94.145.237.121',request_uri='/modules/articles/comment_new.php?com_itemid=22&com_order=1&com_mode=flat',expire=UNIX_TIMESTAMP()+'60'
Total: 11

Anyone know how to "read" that?

ankspa
  • 2012/3/28 12:37

• ankspa

• Just popping in

• Since: 2012/3/28

I had the same problem with joomla beeing hacked...

philchett
  • 2012/3/28 17:06

• philchett

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/6/3 2

those are the queries that you have posted. eg

"None All Errors (0) Deprecated (0) Queries (35) Blocks (5) Extra (23) Timers(9) "

if there are any numbers after "all errors", click on "all errors" and they will be shown. That is what is needed.

another thing that might be worth doing is disabling the articles, xdonation and newbb, see if the problem is still there, then turn on each module one at a time testing for the problem as you go.
hth

like joomla, there are modules that work with one version and not with another. The older modules are usually the ones that cause problems.

i would go for 2.5.4 though as suggested above.

(from some one who uses xoops cos he couldn't get his head round joomla

Login

Who's Online

140 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 140

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits