JulioNC
Re: Please help me with MyGuestbook
  • 2011/12/9 18:03

• JulioNC

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/8

@ipwgc
All Windows APIs think in UTF-16 (ISO), so you're better off writing/translate around with a powerfull editor that converts all to utf8. (like notepad++ or sublime2)

I guess you have an issue with your keyboard and language configuration. See control panel, so this issue isn't important at the moment. BTW you have 2 options: get a new keyboard, then translate yourself; or upgrade to 2.5 with utf8 support.

Unfortunately, there is no way to maintain two translations such Unicode (utf8) and ISO, is not sense, like Oswaldo mentioned.

The only solution offered by Oswaldo is great: translate separately and then will try to upgrade to lasted Xoops version.

@oswaldo
I'm afraid this isn't an option for you, of course, since the actual state xoops translation is hard, but if you get time for it go-ahead.

Thank you for your effort!

Your Sincerely,

ipwgc
  • 2011/12/9 22:44

• ipwgc

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/8/13

Hi, oswaldo
PERFECT, That is the spirit,
Yes, I want to XOOPS continue to groin up, and to continue be available to the Spanish community
If we working together we can make a difference.
You are doing a excellent job.

A big, hug,
David

Mamba
  • 2011/12/9 22:57

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

David, XOOPS officially supports only UTF-8, so the sooner you make the transition, the better. As Julio and Oswaldo said, there should be no problem with setting it properly in your Windows 7.

Of course, if there are people who are willing to keep a separate translation in ISO, we won't interfere

However, once we switch to Gettext, it might become more complicated to support ISO, so again my advice to you is to transition slowly to UTF-8.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

ipwgc
  • 2011/12/10 3:23

• ipwgc

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/8/13

Quote:
once we switch to Gettext, it might become more complicated to support ISO

hummm switch to Gettext.
Well, the important is to continue developed XOOPS around the word in every language and nation.
Ok, Manba, I’m working slowly on that.

David

Login

Who's Online

155 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 155

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits