• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/8/1 7

trabis
Re: User Bazik selling xoops
  • 2011/10/3 19:39

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

Hum, as long as he does not change copyright in the files and release it as GPL it is ok. XOOPS is GPL so, as long as license is respected there is no problem to sell the code. Of course, people who buy the code are free to give the code away for free or charge an higher price!

You can pick my modules and sell them on ebay if you want. It won't be nice from you, but it would be legal.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

leomissao
  • 2011/10/3 20:04

• leomissao

• Just popping in

Olá Trabis
Aqui no Brasil, quando usamos a expressão vendedor oficial de um produto. Estamos dizendo que este representa o fabricante do mesmo, ou seja é um subrevendedor do produto.

(using google translator)
Hello Trabis
Here in Brazil, when we use the term official seller of a product. We are saying that this is the manufacturer of the same, ie is a product subrevendedor.

leomissao
  • 2011/10/3 20:21

• leomissao

• Just popping in

Trabis.

Observe que no link: http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-201009341-script-em-php-para-paginas-amarelas-com-mapas-administrave-_JM Onde fica Powered by Xoops no painel administrativo está Powered by Bazik

Na garantia do produto: Garantia: O script de paginas amarelas foi desenvolvido pelo vendedor, portanto tem suporte gratuito apenas para os compradores do Mercado Livre.

Note that the link: Where is Powered by Xoops admin panel is Powered by Bazik

In product warranty: Warranty: The yellow pages script was developed by the seller, so only have free support to buyers of the Free Market.

trabis
  • 2011/10/3 20:25

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

Seller and manufacturer are different terms to me. Bazik removed XOOPS logo from admin menu so I guess this is Bazik version of XOOPS, therefore he is the official seller of the Bazik version of XOOPS.

leomissao
  • 2011/10/5 4:18

• leomissao

• Just popping in

Quanto ao xoops pelo que o nobre falou não há problema. Mas para mostrar que o cara é pilantra:

As for xoops by the noble said no problem. But to show that the guy is sleazy:

https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=5251

http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-201021659-lancamento-exclusivo-portal-de-classificados-2011-_JM

Copiou o tema de um site feio pelo Luis e vende como se fosse seu.

Copied the theme of an ugly site by Luis and sells as his own.

Mamba
  • 2011/10/5 4:40

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

If you took Luis' theme and sells it, then Luis might have a case of copyright violation. He should check with the lawyer about it.

One way or the other - he won't stay in business for long, as people will sooner or later come to XOOPS to get the newest version and modules updates.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Login

Who's Online

233 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 233

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits