xoobaru
XpresMe -Only webmaster blog post permissions? Can't be...
  • 2011/9/13 0:15

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/2

Hello,
Loving this fantastic XOOPS CMS! Concerning the XPressMe install can anyone lend advice as to why the "post a blog" link (in the upper right hand corner of the XPrMe main screen) is available only for webmaster group but not new user or any other group. No XOOPS standard permissions module can be found for XPressMe or WordPress admin areas. There is a checkbox for allow anyone under WordPress general settigs as well as a select box for newuser status including "author", "editor" options but none of these combinations work. Anyone got a heads up on this?

I searched the forum but found only generic results for XprMe

Any help is appreciated.
xoobaru

redheadedrod
Re: XpresMe -Only webmaster blog post permissions? Can't be...

You may want to check the normal config file for Wordpress since this is just a package written over the top of wordpress.

You will have to see the comparison of permissions in wordpress and see how they are taken from xoops. I played with this a while back and was able to figure it out and it seemed pretty simple but you really had to go to the wordpress config file and figure it out there.

(I may be confusing this with mediawiki but check it out..)

I believe they are just mapping the xoops stuff to the wordpress stuff so you have to manipulate wordpress as you normally would.

Rodney

xoobaru
  • 2011/9/14 0:30

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

hi redheadedrod,

Hey I walked the entire XprMe module directory tree and found no config type file. There were only five php files whose namesakes matched the categories of the settings under the wordpress admin gui settings and users.php but no leads in those.

The wpadmin gui setting options do let me set up individual users but then you have to set up each user manually with a separate password per user. Wonder why the developer set it up to work this way rather than letting a preferences table do the job?

Do you recall a filename or what directory the file you tweaked was in?

Thanks rhr

xoobaru

xoobaru
  • 2011/9/14 0:40

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

oops, substitute permissions table for preferences above.

xoobaru
  • 2011/9/14 1:26

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

o-k-k-k-a-a-a-y-y.
There is a hidden settings (collapsed XPRESSME category) that went unnoticed at the very bottom of the left config panel. The permissions assignment selector for groups was under the integration settings subcategory. Selecting each group to "editor" results in the post new link now appearing for those groups.

So were okay.

Thanks again redheadedrod.
xoobaru

Login

Who's Online

228 user(s) are online (153 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 228

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits