Re: problem with xforum 5.51
  • 2011/8/16 11:37

• chefry

• Home away from home

• Since: 2006/10/14

ok, i upgraded to 2.4.5

redheadedrod

Ok, it does the same thing locally on my machine so it should be easy to fix... However I am showing some errors from xforum. You may want to upgrade to a newer version if possible.

It does seem to be theme related so I will see if I can figure it out for you. I am not a CSS expert by any means but hopefully can figure it out.

I am showing the following errors when trying to write a new message..

Unknown: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in file /modules/xforum/class/user.php line 84
Unknown: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in file /modules/xforum/include/functions.php line 394
Unknown: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in file /modules/xforum/include/functions.php line 408
Unknown: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in file /modules/xforum/class/topic.php line 180
Unknown: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in file /modules/xforum/class/topic.php line 387
Unknown: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in file /modules/xforum/class/post.php line 925
Warning: ksort() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in file /modules/xforum/include/forumform.inc.php line 157
Warning: array_keys() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in file /modules/xforum/include/forumform.inc.php line 159
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in file /modules/xforum/include/forumform.inc.php line 159
Notice: Undefined variable: tags in file /modules/xforum/include/forumform.inc.php line 192

Rodney

redheadedrod

Ok I emailed you but I found the problem (I think)

In the Theme folder look in the "forms.css" file. Open with a simple text editor (Notepad on windows).

About 20 lines down you will see the following lines..

label {

display:                        block;

padding:                        0;

background:                    transparent;
}

You want to either delete the display: block line or comment it out by putting a /* in front of and a */ behind the line. It will look like this..

label {
/*    display:                        block; */

padding:                        0;

background:                    transparent;
}

Although I also emailed you this I thought it was best to post this here in case someone else has the same issue. Let me know if anything else weird happens.

chefry
  • 2011/8/17 10:20

• chefry

• Home away from home

unfortunately, that didn't fix it :(

redheadedrod

Make sure that in your sites main general preferences you select "Check templates for modifications ?" to yes after you change that line.

If that does not work for you then you can try commenting out the @import forms.css line at the top of style.css but you are loosing some other styles.

It works great on my system as long as I tell it to check templates. After you do this and verify it works you want to turn that setting back off. It will NOT see changes to your theme or customized templates with that setting set to No.

Rodney
Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

chefry
  • 2011/8/17 12:13

• chefry

• Home away from home

Commenting out @import forms.css fixed it

The only problems it caused were some spacing issues (no space between the button and the caption, but that was easily fixed by adding spaces in front of the message in main.php

Thanks Rodney )))

redheadedrod

The actual line causing your grief was the one mentioned earlier. If you had already done that you can probably put that import line back in.

Rodney

chefry
  • 2011/8/18 5:25

• chefry

• Home away from home

I made the first change and it didn't do anything. so I also did the second change and that fixed the issue

Login

Who's Online

477 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 477

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits