Mamba
Re: Install problem with xoops 2.5.1
  • 2011/7/21 21:45

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

OK, I don't know about the modules, because I didn't test them on XOOPS 2.5.x (they look ancient to me )

You can zip them and provide me with a link, and I'll be glad to test them for you.

However, I would advise to use some more recent modules (like the TDMDownloads).

Quote:
the blocks section does not show system blocks.

I am sure, it does, if you select "System" in the drop-down menu.

Quote:
I made the themes selectible in the preferences, but there is no block created to show in the menues

If you activate the block, it will show up!

It seems like this is your first encounter with XOOPS 2.5.x, therefore I suggest to read the Operations Guide. For example, on page 28-29 you can read about the blocks.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Cliver
  • 2011/7/22 1:35

• Cliver

• Just popping in

• Since: 2011/7/21

I think, you did set up your WAMP not correctly. For example, having "strict error" mode set to "on" is not the standard way when WAMP is installed, indicating that you made some changes to the configuration, which could impact your installation.

ddmaxwell
  • 2011/7/22 12:20

• ddmaxwell

• Just popping in

• Since: 2011/7/14

Quote:

Cliver wrote:
I think, you did set up your WAMP not correctly. For example, having "strict error" mode set to "on" is not the standard way when WAMP is installed, indicating that you made some changes to the configuration, which could impact your installation.

That sounds particularly plausable!

chefry
  • 2011/7/22 12:31

• chefry

• Home away from home

• Since: 2006/10/14

it's XAMPPP not WAMP!!!!

pattang2011
  • 2011/8/7 10:37

• pattang2011

• Just popping in

• Since: 2011/8/7 1

Same for me on XAMPP.
What was the fix?

Strict Standards: Non-static method XoopsLoad::load() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\include\common.php on line 49

Strict Standards: Non-static method XoopsLoad::loadCore() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\class\xoopsload.php on line 71

Strict Standards: Non-static method XoopsLoad::loadCoreConfig() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\class\xoopsload.php on line 91

Strict Standards: Non-static method XoopsLoad::load() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\class\preload.php on line 28

Strict Standards: Non-static method XoopsLoad::loadCore() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\class\xoopsload.php on line 71

Strict Standards: Non-static method XoopsLoad::load() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\class\preload.php on line 29

Strict Standards: Non-static method XoopsPreload::getInstance() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\include\common.php on line 50

Strict Standards: Non-static method XoopsCache::read() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\xampp\htdocs\class\preload.php on line 85

Strict Standards: Non-static method XoopsCache::getInstance() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\xampp\htdocs\class\cache\xoopscache.php on line 263

Strict Standards: Declaration of XoopsCacheFile::write() should be compatible with that of XoopsCacheEngine::write() in C:\xampp\htdocs\class\cache\file.php on line 308

Strict Standards: Non-static method XoopsLoad::load() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\xampp\htdocs\class\cache\file.php on line 110

Strict Standards: Non-static method XoopsLoad::loadCore() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\xampp\htdocs\class\xoopsload.php on line 71

Strict Standards: Non-static method XoopsFile::getHandler() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\xampp\htdocs\class\cache\file.php on line 111

Strict Standards: Non-static method XoopsFile::load() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\xampp\htdocs\class\file\xoopsfile.php on line 108

Strict Standards: Non-static method XoopsLoad::load() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\xampp\htdocs\class\file\file.php on line 105

Strict Standards: Non-static method XoopsFile::getHandler() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\xampp\htdocs\class\file\file.php on line 106

Strict Standards: Non-static method XoopsFile::load() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\xampp\htdocs\class\file\xoopsfile.php on line 108

Strict Standards: Non-static method XoopsLists::getFileListAsArray() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\xampp\htdocs\class\preload.php on line 89

Strict Standards: Non-static method XoopsLoad::load() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\include\common.php on line 60

Strict Standards: Non-static method XoopsLoad::load() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\include\common.php on line 68

Strict Standards: Non-static method XoopsLoad::load() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\include\common.php on line 75

Strict Standards: Non-static method XoopsLogger::getInstance() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\include\common.php on line 76

pattang2011
  • 2011/8/7 10:39

• pattang2011

• Just popping in

Quote:
"strict error" mode set to "on" is not the standard way when WAMP is installed, indicating that you made some changes to the configuration, which could impact your installation.

wheres that setting then?

chefry
  • 2011/8/7 10:54

• chefry

• Home away from home

I went back to 2.4.4

at least it works

pattang2011
  • 2011/8/7 10:58

• pattang2011

• Just popping in

so 2.4.4 works on local test server XAMPP?
thing is i used to use Xoops all the time years back but in recent years every time i come back to try it out again Im up against problems.
Want to build a site local before getting to going live with it and first install im up against the above problem on a platform which is widely used for testing.

chefry
  • 2011/8/7 11:11

• chefry

• Home away from home

I used XAMP, WAMP and DENWER

It works on all of them

redheadedrod

2.4.5 is the latest version that seems to work well. 2.5.1a has issues but with the latest problems over XE and deciding what to do with everything it might take a little while to sort out the mess. I still suggest strongly to use 2.4.5 for production servers until they figure out a resolution and fix 2.5.

I am using xampp as well and have not had any issues with any of them including 2.4.5, 2.3.3, 2.5.1 and XE alpha 1 and alpha 2. Using xampp 1.7.2 (1.7.3 apparently has a buggy PHP. WP will not load with it and tells you there is a problem with the php code.)

Login

Who's Online

268 user(s) are online (163 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 268

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits