xsell
Edit / Clone Templates
  • 2011/4/3 9:38

• xsell

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2008/9/2 1

Hello,

after upgrading to 2.5.0 , Just Can not Find where to edit/Clone Custom Templates between , I Cloned Default Template when i had 2.4.2 and Named it , Custom_Default , I see it from the General Settings . But in the Template Control Page i just Can Generate New Modules Templates , But cant see any Clone Template Button , Nor Edit Custom Template Files .

redheadedrod
Re: Edit / Clone Templates

You can look around and I believe Voltan or someone will pipe in with the actuals but I believe the cloning of templates and such is depreciated with 2.5 and are no longer in the normal place as they were. I believe they are "template overloads" now and reside in the theme directory of the theme you are using. So if you do use the clone template option (Assuming it is still there...) you should find the templates in the theme folder.

You may find editing the main templates easier and I know this is what I do with mine. I don't bother with the whole cloning process or any of it and just modify the modules original template.

I haven't actually modified any templates with 2.5 so I am not 100% certain how to do them but hopefully you can find them with the information I provided to you here.

Rodney

xsell
  • 2011/4/4 12:03

• xsell

• Quite a regular

thx , but the thing is that i already used Generate Template's tool , and no longer change take effect if template was edited directly .i wish had not Generate them and should have stucked of editing them from my pc then uploading them. or if i find the custom template then i can edit the generated file from there.

for now i will just do wht u said find the template in the tmeme directory and edit the html file from there

xsell
  • 2011/4/4 20:59

• xsell

• Quite a regular

From the Template Administrator , when clicking Help icon . i Read.

If you would like to create a custom template set you can make a copy of the default set (or any other) by selecting the ‘clone’ link (you will be prompted to give the new set a name). Unlike the default, other template sets can be freely edited. You can also save a copy of a template set to disk by selecting the ‘download’ link, or remove it with the ‘delete’ link. You may also sometimes see an additional ‘Generate’ link next to new modules for which templates have not yet been created.

Where is the Clone Link they Talking about ?

Mamba
  • 2011/4/5 0:44

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

I believe, it's from the previous version, and it just has not been removed. I don't believe that you can clone templates anymore (this reminds me - I have to check if I removed it from the "XOOPS Operations Guide"...

My understanding is that you copy the module default templates to a specific theme and modify them there. This way a module could have "customized" templates in each theme that you use

But I'll confirm with the developers and let you know...
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

xsell
  • 2011/4/5 15:53

• xsell

• Quite a regular

Mamba , I Smell it is a Bug , Cuz when u Make a Copy of the Template , they Do Generate a Template Folder for each Module , But whatever Change u make in the New Generated Templates they do not take Effect , Enable/Disable / Cleaning Caches Template Modification from General Setting did not help Either . i also tried editing the Original Template and then uploading it and did not work. But when Editing a Html File for None Generated Template and then Upload it , u can See the Effect no Problem . i will Have to Edit the Html Template by Dumping the SQL Table and Manual inject the Custom Code needed , till find better workaround Way.

bjuti
  • 2011/5/29 8:53

• bjuti

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2009/1/7 2

One important question:

On site that ran on 2.4.5 I've cloned templates. Then, I upgrade to 2.5.1a, and all templates are OK just like I cloned them (not the original ones), but where they are? AFAIK they are not in templates dir, eg. of publisher module etc...

Tnx

bjuti
  • 2011/6/1 14:49

• bjuti

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2009/1/7 2

bump please :)

Login

Who's Online

211 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 211

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits