tdpss555
Themes not showing
  • 2011/3/20 21:30

• tdpss555

• Just popping in

• Since: 2011/3/20

I'm new to Xoops and already struggling. I'm running an xampplite localhost setup and downloaded Xoops 2.5. All that went well and basic core Xoops is functional. I've downloaded several themes, unzipped them and placed them in the ./themes area. Now the problem, they do not show up in the "system/preferences" page, nor anywhere else. I went to the themes area and replicated "default" directory with a "mytheme" directory, and it fails to show also. I'm relatively new to CMS frameworks, and have tested Drupal7 and Joomla. I'm still a neanderthal when it comes to those systems, but their theme switch-over was seamless. Clearly, I'm missing something with Xoops. I've purchased the Xoops book from Packt Publishing, and though interesting - all the Theme examples don't work cause the links listed in the book are broken. Can someone help this dead horse?

Mamba
Re: Themes not showing
  • 2011/3/21 3:43

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Where are you looking for them? Assuming that you copied the themes correctly, they should be in General Settings:

Resized Image
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

tdpss555
  • 2011/3/21 5:18

• tdpss555

• Just popping in

• Since: 2011/3/20

The issue is resolved. Apparently applying the correct file permissions just after the unzip stage did not fully take and I was still dealing with directories that were read only. Lesson learned is always check. Assuming something is the mother of all screw ups.
Also, coming recently from trying to understand Joomla and Drupal, my initial impression is Xoops Admin presents a much clearly picture.
thanks

Mamba
  • 2011/3/21 5:21

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
The issue is resolved.

Excellent!

Quote:
Also, coming recently from trying to understand Joomla and Drupal, my initial impression is Xoops Admin presents a much clearly picture.

We love to hear it!
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Login

Who's Online

198 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 198

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits