iunderwood
Errors after 2.5 Upgrade

The first bug I noticed after upgrading to 2.5, is that trying to get into the profile section causes a seg fault on my web server. Not necessarily a XOOPS problem, but one i thought I'd feel inclined to report. Not sure what is contributing to this.

Next item up is that the Image Manager is not showing me any of my images, but only when I have GZIP compression enabled. I never had any problems in XOOPS 2.4.5 with this feature and would really rather save the bandwidth for the time being.

Firefox gives me the following error if I try to access the thumb module directly: "The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression."

Safari reports: "Safari can’t open the page “http://site/modules/system/class/thumbs/phpThumb.php?src=/siteroot/uploads/img4d124c43b919a.jpg&h=120&w=120”. The error is: “cannot decode raw data” (NSURLErrorDomain:-1015) Please choose Safari > Report Bugs to Apple, note the error number, and describe what you did before you saw this message."
++I;
Resized Image

Mamba
Re: Errors after 2.5 Upgrade
  • 2011/3/7 23:19

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
trying to get into the profile section causes a seg fault on my web server. Not necessarily a XOOPS problem, but one i thought I'd feel inclined to report. Not sure what is contributing to this.

Ian, just following up - has this been resolved?

Quote:
Next item up is that the Image Manager is not showing me any of my images, but only when I have GZIP compression enabled.

The Image Manager doesn't show images stored in the database, as this has be depreciated in 2.5.0
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

iunderwood
Re: Errors after 2.5 Upgrade

Just to close this out ... the main issue was resolved. What I found out was there was not enough memory being allocated to PHP, so it would choke and die. I don't remember exactly how I found this out, but that's what the problem was.

The other component has more to do with providing a compressed output from Apache to the client in order to save bandwidth. I haven't stored any images in the database in any recent XOOPS versions.
++I;
Resized Image

Login

Who's Online

174 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 174

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits