MIH1406
I cannot see XOOPS folders!!
  • 2011/2/12 20:27

• MIH1406

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/8/25

Hi,

I cannot see the XOOPS folder???

I see other folders in the localhost but I cannot see or enter XOOPS folder. If I entered it manually I get this message:

Forbidden

You don
't have permission to access /~mih1406/site on this server.

I tried to change the permissions but I cannot see the "xoops_data" and "xoops_lib" too even with changing the permissions.

XOOPS 2.5.0

Ubuntu 10.10
XAMPP:
PHP 5.3.3
Apache 2.2.16
MySQL 5.1.49

Thank you,
Mohammad

Mamba
Re: I cannot see XOOPS folders!!
  • 2011/2/12 21:52

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
I tried to change the permissions but I cannot see the "xoops_data" and "xoops_lib" too even with changing the permissions.

If this is your installation and you have uploaded them, than you have to see them in your FTP

If this is installed by somebody else, that they probably moved them outside of the Document Root.

If your XOOPS installation is working properly, you can see their exact location in your mainfile.php
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

MIH1406
  • 2011/2/13 16:56

• MIH1406

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/8/25

Hi,

I just want to install XOOPS on my desktop pc (Local).
I can see the folders and the files using my files browsers (nautilus).
The folders are accessible but only on nautilus not on firefox usinghttp://localhost/ (apache2).

the files and folder are on the "public_html" (the correct location).

thank you

redheadedrod

By the error you show those files are NOT viewable by the web server and you HAVE to change the file permissions. This normally happens when you uncompress the files on a windows machine and move them to a linux machine. If this is not the case for you and this is your desktop PC then it should be as simple as the permissions are NOT set right. With Ubuntu this is a simple fix. YOU may be able to view them because you are the owner of the file but the webserver can not view them because it is NOT the owner of the files. If the webserver and you are not in the same group then it will fall back to the "others" permission. If this is your home server and you will not be letting others access it then you should be able to set the permissions to 777 and be fine. You could also change the files to be owned by the webserver as well or there are a variety of ways to fix this but the webserver needs read permissions on the files regardless. (Normal permissions are 644 for MOST files.)

Login

Who's Online

197 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 197

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits